PSP notepad

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by MadHouse38, Nov 26, 2011.

Nov 26, 2011

PSP notepad by MadHouse38 at 10:06 PM (607 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. MadHouse38
    OP

Member MadHouse38 GBAtemp Regular

Yugoslavia
    Im looking for a notepad on psp that have normal keyboard,just like in browser..
    I have PSP PDA and Lua Player,i forgot the name of the keyboard but its not normal and its slow,also hard to use.

Thanks in advance

2. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Well, it IS a bit cumbersome but I use Xplora2's built-in text editor. I use Xplora anyways and since the text editor is built-in I never felt the need to use another one.

3. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    I was looking around for something like this awhile back when I still had a PSP. Not so surprisingly, you'll be hard pressed to find an easy to use notepad of any sort for the PSP. If you intend on writing stories or something, I wouldn't suggest trying for this. The best you'll find is a couple with that same awkward keyboard set up, and one I found had the most awkward keyboard set up on the planet. I searched for a couple days though, and unless I failed miserably, there is nothing out there that utilizes a QWERTY keyboard.

4. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    Well, seeing that the PSP has no touch screen, I can understand why the situation is like that. "Typing with arrows" is not the best possible scenario for a programmer.

5. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    I forget which one I found, but one of them allows you to configure a connectable keyboard (I think it was for IR keyboards, provided those exist). Seems like a lot of trouble to type on the PSP though.

Edit: Of course, if it was for IR, that would limit PSP models able to utilize that ability.

6. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    Yeah, I've seen that one myself, but I don't own a Fattie so I didn't even bother mentioning it. ;P

What I did see and found interesting were keyboards that used the PSP's UART port that's situated next to the headphone jack, none of these projects were fully finished though.

7. MadHouse38
    OP

Yugoslavia
    Okay thanks,i downloaded xplora 2 just now.

8. MadHouse38
    OP

Yugoslavia
    It loads games n aplications forever. nevermind then i will just get used to lua player notepad.