Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well hi,
a friend asked me because his girlfriend has a PSP which he cannot update.
he says that when he starts the PSP it starts with some Mac logo and everything looks weird, and because the one who sold the psp on ebay had a password which he didn't gave them he cannot even change some options (dunno what this is didn't saw it yet)
and well ... he would like to know how to update to normal v5 M-33

he sayed he tried manually and the psp just shut down all the time even with 100% batterie charge

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well yes it has custom firmware so we wanted easily update to 5m-33 but seems not to work.
(because some newer games do not work)
and no they do not have a pandora.

problem is mainly that my friends says it has mac boot screen and the menue is completely different from normal, so not just some skin ..
i thaught there might be some programm running but he sayed there is nothing in plugins listed

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
suggest try a blank memory stick most custom shells load off the mem stick such as IR shell .etc
smile.gif

you can eliminate a custom shell by trying a new mem stick or blank one .....

other way to do it is using the RECOVERY mode (Hold 'R' shoulder button when turning PSP on this should bring up the custom firmware recovery mode...

the other way would be use a pandora tool battery or make your own (read the psp stickys) and reflash the custom m33 firmware
smile.gif

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well after some time he finaly found where to see which version is installed -.-
well he sayed "she has v3.2 or something like this" than i was like "wtf did you ever try installing an older version maybe"

and well he was only trieing with v5 which does require a higher firmware to update ...

well and than he updated to 4 as i told him which removed those weird mac stuff and yeah now its 5 ...

sorry for the inconvenience

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Just run Hellcat's recovery flasher. Straight to the latest firmware and no Pandora needed.

SirSweeps

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not very fond of Hellcat ... but I second that ... It could be that it was written to the psp itself to take the place of the xmb ... I've done that before but I always seemed to want to go back to the xmb ... so I did

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Kaden Kyarel, Either support GBAtemp with Patron or use an ad-blocker.