Hacking [PSP] La Pucelle Ragnarok Translation

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lucky on that: Disgaea 4 just got a Vita port! Disgaea D2 is likely to get one by 2016, so look out for that. Personally 3 is my favorite, but... hey, you can get that on Vita too!

Glad to see someone likes Disgaea D2 though-- I've been seeing some weird complaints about it (like how it ruins the whole story of the first game with how the original trio acts?? I dunno what they were apparently playing.)

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been wanting to play Disgaea D2... I have little time to play anything on a console and may have to wait for it to come to the Vita and then get a Vita. The PS3 is still to expensive for a last gen console.

I am still having issue trying to find the save/load text that the fix Cyan does not cover. I found the text for PKP but not LPR. I'll keep looking...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for looking for the text.
Where was it located in PKP, in the eboot or another file? I guess they didn't use the same method/developers for both games. you would have already checked the same place.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you'll be able to play Disgaea D2 eventually. There's supposed to be a new NIS game getting announced at TGS, and they've said that Disgaea 5 is in development, so I'm looking forward to that! Too bad it's likely gonna be a PS4 game, so some folks will have to be missing out on it.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PKP save/ load data was in the eboot.bin. Was really easy to find...

Linka,

I just have a real hard time finding time to play on a console. Most of my video game time is when I am watching my kids play or watching tv with the wife.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can sorta understand that. I can't focus as well anymore on console RPGs (though I'll still try my best to finish Disgaea games), so getting them on portable has been a big help for me.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still cannot find the text anywhere... its not in the eboot, start.lzs, scriptpack.dat or other files I have looked through.

Is it possible that when the eboot was decoded to ELF format that not everything was decrypted and "missed" text?

I have a similar issue in PKP where one of the main commands in the battle menu in the eboot is missing with junk text right next to another command that looks fine.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the topic of Disgaea games: Disgaea 5 was just formally announced for Playstation 4. It'll be out Spring 2015 in Japan!

Reactions: Shinon

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure if this is the particular place to ask but what additional content is in this version? I know of the extra chapters in the new game mode, but that seems to be an incredibly common theme in Nippon Ichi's portable ports (and the OP outs it :P). I mean of the base game; I know characters from Disgaea are now in this version, but I have yet to find any information on where and how to get them, as I believe they are not DLC.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The additional characters are DLC.
and DLC would require a full re-translation as it replace the game's files, so they will not be translated.

The game without the DLC only has the 4 additional chapters

Shinon

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
The additional characters are DLC.
and DLC would require a full re-translation as it replace the game's files, so they will not be translated.

The game without the DLC only has the 4 additional chapters

Then translate the DLC scenes as videos

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
how do you translate a new character's sprite?
You add a character, which destroy the current work, there's no way to make videos of the current game + current translation with the additional character without translating everything again, and position of the text is not located at the same palce, hacking is also required again.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To answer Goofy Time: Don't worry, the original Disgaea characters are not DLC. I dunno exactly how they're unlocked, though.

The only DLC characters are Elly, Rozalin of Disgaea 2, Hero Prinny, and Cornet of Rhapsody. You can find videos of the DLC, likely, by searching on YouTube or other video hosting sites.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Disgaea characters are obtainable in new game+ in the main story. There is a new location available from the beginning of new game+ that has some short scenes where you get to battle the Disgaea characters and then obtain them. The location is accessible throughout most of the new game+ in the main story.

You can still get a Prinny in without the DLC.

I also have posted a mini-walkthrough on the forum here for the extra Prier Overlord chapters.

As far as other extra content... the best part of this version of the game is they also fixed many quirks in the original game and sped the battle scenes up. They also included both A and B mode for the cursor. I hate the original movement and makes it almost unplayable for me. Also cannot forget that it is now portable on the PSP and Vita.

The DLC translation also has two major issues:

- LPR DLC was not free and I do not know a way to package the patch without including the DLC

- NIS was lazy with DLC and "patched" every file (ie replaced with reorganized content in the files) so 95% of the translation would need to be retyped into the patch. I am not willing do redo the work since it took me months to get it in the normal game.

If you have any other questions please let me know.
-ChepChep

Reactions: Shinon

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the only free DLC was actually Hero Prinny and Elly (cause I had gotten Elly on my physical copy and Hero Prinny is way above my level). Rozalin and Cornet were paid DLC. It'd be no real point to redoing the whole game just for two characters.

Maybe you should consider adding the mini-walkthrough in the first post, Chep? So it'll be easier to find. Along with the notice that the Disgaea characters are in NG+.

Warbandit100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello?
um, i'm new here sorry to disturb you but, i thought you would want to know about this:
I applied your patch, and i'm playing the game, now i just sent a monster to the caped guy and fused an item, when this showed up in description
Rs7amJa.jpg

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WarBandit100,

Thanks for reporting this bug. Which version of the patch are you using? Did you buy this Raise HP or get it from the Dark World? One of the newer ones may fix this issue. If not it may not, I will looking into it.

Warbandit100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's no problem, i'm very glad i can help, anyways:
I received the Raise HP by purifying a portal, then i put the HP to my tiny bat, to fuse it; i sent the bat to the dark world, and the cape guy fused its items into the Raise HP (with poor results for the stats XD) so yeah, it's a fused item from the cape guy but i took it from purifying a portal.
I'm currently using the 0.32 version of your patch, the last one when i checked.
I hope i answered correctly to your questions, and if not i'm here to correct my post and give you more details; i will keep to play the game and try different things with this patch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/gnXkwfS got this because it shows v draws also