Hacking [PSP] La Pucelle Ragnarok Translation

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm still using 0.2.1, so maybe it's already fixed.

In chapter 1:
181706-pic_0005.jpg

I think you already fixed this one. Cullotte -> Culotte.

181707-pic_0006.jpg

Either it's missing "of", or replace to "Let me record it."

I used prxshot plugin to take screenshot on PSP, it's working great :)

Reactions: Linka

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As an off-topic but sorta related to the material post, there's gonna be NISA's annual Spring press event tonight! 6PM Pacific Time/9PM Eastern Time. I'm imagining news is gonna come out about Disgaea 4 Vita and Super Danganronpa 2, but it's still interesting to look forward to as a fan of NIS's work.

Edit: News that came from the event! A PS4 game is in development from NIS, more info at TGS. Mugen Souls Z will be out in May. Super Danganronpa 2 is out this fall. Battle Princess of Arcadias and Fairy Fencer F are coming from them, but the first will be digital, and Disgaea 4 Vita will be out in the summer over here.

Overall, some good stuff to hear. I kinda hope that the PS4 game will be a game along the lines like La Pucelle/Makai Kingdom/Phantom Brave/Soul Nomad were. A non-Disgaea SRPG. It'd be sure nice to have, right?

Reactions: Star-scream

Murmandamus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, just wanted to say THANK YOU!!!!!!! /kneel /bow i have been watching this translation since you guys first started. i get every new patch and start a new game again So few ppl translate PSP games at all and there are sooooooo many good ones out there and this is one of them. So keep up the FANTASTIC job and i await your next patch with eager fingers, If there is anything i could do to help i would be glad to i have 0 hacking skills and my Japanese is below pidgin to be honest but i could post any errors in text or bugs if you would like.On a side note i saw your post ChepChep about how you dont have a 3DS yet, and that you purchased Bravely Default Collectors Edition. I did also and when i picked mine up the gamestop guy said they were super rare & that copys have alrdy been selling for over 100$.That was a day after it came out, i was checking today & saw one went for 175$ and someone got over 100$ just for the Collectors extras like the AR cards the Sndtrk and the Artbook and they kept the game. So if you could bring your self to sell the whole thing or just the extras it would put you a long way into that 3DS lol just an idea for you to think about, so once again THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanna say as an idle note, but I've noticed that prices for La Pucelle Rangarok have sorta shot down on Amazon. If anyone's curious about the game and owning it, you might wanna take a glance.

Secondly: This translation is now on the first page results when you google search for the game! Congrats! Keep at it!

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found out why the bravely default is so rare. Its not that is rare but that most companies shipped them in paper envelopes and UPS, Fedex, and USPS all mangled most of them unless you picked it up at a store. There are 1000s of them now that are mangled and worthless. The biggest offender was amazon. The prices have shot sky high right now for them because of this. I play to keep my copy. I bought it because I wanted it. Only wishing I had preordered 2 of them 3-4 months ago. Anyways... look for a new patch sometime this weekend with the disgaea scenes and many fixed typos.

Cyan, I have fixed those typos in the patch that will be released soon. Thanks for reporting them.

Reactions: Linka

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird. My copy of BD Limited Edition shipped just fine from Amazon. I guess I got lucky.

Other bit of luck: I randomly got a second copy of Danganronpa Limited Edition today from NISA's store, despite having not ordered a second copy, and there being no sign from the store that I have been charged for one. I might've just gotten a free sealed copy of something that's going for like $150 right now on eBay. S-super lucky??

Looking forward to the new patch this weekend! I'll start to work again on proofreading after you release it, since you might've picked up some errors in your own go-through.

Reactions: darekasan

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xhai,

Yes you can use the PS2 La Pucelle Tactics strategy guide for LPR. The only difference will be the new bonus chapters, disgaea scenes, new NPCs and the reaction mechanism.

Also it has been fun playing through the game trying to get the bad endings for every chapter. Been tough... but I have found a few more NPCs that have not been translated. I just found another two of them if you get a bad ending in chapter 3. Figures since I just went through the entire patch process... but I guess they will get added to the next one.

Reactions: Deleted User

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh hey guess who had a busy weekend and couldn't get to things until today. This person!

In good news though, Prier beat up the whale monster, so now she's level 24 and capable of taking down anything for the next couple chapters solo.

proofread31.png

Suggested line: "Anyways, lets head to Port Mayonnaise and find that creature."

proofread32.png

Suggested line: "It will also make Culotte feel better."

proofread33.png

Suggested line: "Alouette, you are pretty much a monster, right?"

proofread34.png

Suggested line: "Hey, a monster...?" This is an odd line in general but I'd guess that's what they were going for?

proofread35.png

Suggested line: "Papillon... Why not come over here with me?"

proofread36.png

Suggested line: "He has always been so sick..."

proofread37.png

Suggested line: "I wish we could help them, but you would have to be able to"

proofread38.png

Suggested line: "H-hey! Wait a minute! We are coming, too!"

Missing shot on the airship Escargot: "We were ready for take off!" -> "We are ready for take off!"

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have made it all the way through the game a second time. I found about 30-40 more NPCs I had missed because of the bad endings. I will include them in the next patch. No news on the translation front. Its slow going as expected.

Reactions: aqulue and Linka

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am starting to tackle the flavor text for the monsters when you are training. So far I am 202 of 3200 lines done. It is going to take a long time to get through this. It looks like every different type of creature has about 200 lines each. I am amazed they wrote that many lines. This is the last file I know of that I have a translation from the PS2 version.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus, that's a ton of lines. It's actually kinda impressive that they did so much in terms of variety for the monsters. La Pucelle monsters had a lot more impact on the game, mechanically, than stealing enemy monsters in Disgaea did, huh?

Good luck, Chep!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: With other peoples couches