Hacking [PSP] La Pucelle Ragnarok Translation

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In turns of the next patch release, it has been slow going getting all the NPC dialogue translated. I wish they said less since most of it is meaningless. Anyways I hope to have another update by the end of the weekend.

Reactions: Linka and kit13

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I may make a recommendation, I highly recommend checking out Atelier Ayesha for the PS3. While the Arland series was good (Totori and Meruru especially), their Vita ports, especially Rorona, are far more superior. Rorona especially because they're rebuilding that one basically from scratch. Atelier Ayesha's a really good alchemizing RPG, has a pretty chill atmosphere, probably some of the best music you'll find in a JRPG-- especially from a more niche company, and the characters are all really interesting. It's probably one of my most favorite games on the system right now.

Also, Tales of Xillia is supposed to be pretty good. I haven't managed to get to it yet though. So many other games!

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here the update + source code + new font:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4gtox5ssl3e5aaj/LaPucelleToolpackV2.7z

Some notes:
The " ' ! ? ( ) " and some other ASCII letters needs a " " (space) to work
example: "i've" needs to be "i' ve" or the "v" gets overwritten with a space.

There are some other ASCII related errors, not cleared textbox, missing text lines and maybe other...,
i only tested translating the intro and some npc dialog.

I added a TXP -> 256 color BMP & 256 color -> TXP button, i used that and photshop to make the new font, but you may need to change the palette with a hex editor since bitmap's doesn't support alpha.

Feel free to change/use/improve my source code.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Falo,

I again tried to use it where I left off translating and I get the following error message when I try to compile the script before save it to a file. Any help?

npnprt.jpg

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Falo,

I again tried to use it where I left off translating and I get the following error message when I try to compile the script before save it to a file. Any help?
The Problem is my replace code, it replaces "\Goto;7704" with "\Goto;7704" and that fails to compile, because it contains JASCII instead of numbers

change in the source code: (frmMain - private void ReplaceMissing)
Code:
                    lines2 = line.Split(';');
                    lines2[1] = ReplaceMissing(lines2[1]);

lines[i] = lines2[0] + ";" + lines2[1];
                    text += lines[i] + "\r\n";
into:
Code:
                    lines2 = line.Split(';');
                    if (lines2[0] == "\\Text")
                    {
                        lines2[1] = ReplaceMissing(lines2[1]);
                        lines[i] = lines2[0] + ";" + lines2[1];
                    }
                    text += lines[i] + "\r\n";
to fix this bug.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Falo,

I changed the lines and recompiled and so far it looks like it is working with PPSSPP emulator.

I have now tried to make some more edits and tried testing it on the PSP. It again crashes on the PSP. I can start the LPR ISO but when I talk with NPC that have been edited, the PSP freezes and I have to do a hard reset.

I think there might still be an issue with the addressing. It took me weeks to solve issues with the LZS encrypt/decrypt for the PSP hardware. Everything worked fine with the emulator but when I put it on the PSP it would crash.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Falo,

There may not be an issue with your tool after all. I reverted back to different versions of my translation and I see the same freezing issue on the PSP. For some reason if you talk to any NPC that is not in the PS2 version and then talk to a NPC that was in the PS2 version the game freezes. I have no idea why this is happening. If I revert back to the last SCRIPTPACK.DAT I have posted up here everything works fine on the PSP. Unfortunately, the next version I have fails which means I may have just lost an entire weeks worth of translating unless I can figure out what went wrong. I may try to get Falo's GUI working since it would go faster being able to type ASCII versus hex...

I doubt I will have a release this weekend unless I can solve the bug that is causing the game to freeze on the PSP.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ouch, that sucks. Probably some conflicting data somewhere in the PS2 version that makes the PSP one go bonkers. That's sad.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is looking like I might need to start over with the NPC dialogue translation. I cannot figure out why it is crashing. I have checked a working version and one that is not and I cannot figure out what is different. I really hope this does not become a chronic issue. It will really be awful to get all the way through translating the game and then get to the new content in the psp version and then have it crash once you get to that content.

I am going to keep my old files and at first try using Falo's GUI. It should go faster with the GUI as long as I can get everything packaged and working on the PSP. Its much easier to copy and past text than to hex edit every single character like I have been doing.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have more bad news... I just tried to change one line with the Falo's Gui and it too is crashing the PSP. Everything works fine in the emulators. I cannot go further until I solve this issue. My current theory is there is an issue with the mix of the ASCII and SHIFT-Jis characters and/or the 00 we are putting into the file.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well so I started re-translating what I had done before with the hex editor. So far so good and no crashing. I think it might have to to with the 00s and two byte characters.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I found the issue I am having. The talk script requires 2 byte letters and just adding 0x00 at the end of each text will not fix it on the PSP. I am stumped now how to proceed.

Either I can add spaces (0x20) or another character when needed before punctuation or convert everything to SHIFT-JIS. Personally I hate the font used for the letters in SHIFT-JIS. Still mulling it over and will decide at some point.

I just tried Falo's Gui and it works for just SHIFT-JIS characters and does not crash on the PSP. Still debating what to do...

xhai

Trophies
XP
Country
So I found the issue I am having. The talk script requires 2 byte letters and just adding 0x00 at the end of each text will not fix it on the PSP. I am stumped now how to proceed.

Either I can add spaces (0x20) or another character when needed before punctuation or convert everything to SHIFT-JIS. Personally I hate the font used for the letters in SHIFT-JIS. Still mulling it over and will decide at some point.

I just tried Falo's Gui and it works for just SHIFT-JIS characters and does not crash on the PSP. Still debating what to do...

do you have some snapshot so we can debate what is good or not..

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really... The SHIFT-JIS looks crappy. The psp crashes whenever you do not "complete" the two byte character. It is looking like I will be forced to use SHIFT-JIS for the script.

Does anybody have any ideas how to use the ASCII font and make it look right without strange spaces at the end of every sentence?

Here is the crappy SHIFT_JIS font:

k4b4u9.jpg

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ew, yeah, it's not that good, but I'll note that if it comes down to it, it's better than nothing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Usb*
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah Batocera has a shared folder it's pretty cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Less clutter for all the 6 usb options we never use
    Just drag and drop your Barbie Roms
    Barbies BDSM Dungeon Adventure Featuring Gimp Ken!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's the Florida meth
    Don't make Barbie put a cigarette out on your nipples!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Although expensive Florida meth can rot the brightest of minds
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol qbits almost taking a
    full gb of ram usage
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, qbittorrent?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    no I dont torrent
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then whats qbits?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A type of fish
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna do my homework
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    see ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Man steams only downloading 15mbps
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, wdym thats quite fast
    Just upgraded to 1Gbps Internet, it was cheaper than the other company by a few bucks lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol 15mbps is fast
    Ken do I mention that I had 500Mbps and upgraded to 1Gbps and it is only 40 dollars a month?
    But honestly next month will likely be 10 bucks a month.... Dude called his boss and pretty much got a job out of the deal making like 30 bucks an hour.
    They get a 30 dollar discount being an employee lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: They get a 30 dollar discount being an employee lol