Hacking [PSP] La Pucelle Ragnarok Translation

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not finished yet: (Left is PS2 - talk.dat, right is PSP talk01_jp.dat)

Currently the tool supports:
- compress/decompress *.LZS
- unpack/repack START.DAT (PS2/PSP), DL_JP_XX.DAT (PSP-DLC)
- unpack/repack SCRIPTPACK.DAT (PSP)
- load talk.dat (PS2/PSP)
- unpack talk script into human readable format

Todo:
- finish talk script opcodes
- pack talk script format
- save talk.dat
- load/save/import/export *.tx2
- add support for other *.dat files

if you wanna help, you can try to find out what the rest of the opcodes does:
0x00 - do nothing
0x01 - loop data till 0x00 - show text line (shift-jis)
0x02 - next dialog
0x03 - end dialog / next character
0x05 - 2 byte data - show face (id)
0x06 - 2 byte data - play voice file (id)
0x07 - 2 byte data - ??? / psp only?
0x09 - 2 byte data - ???
0x0A - 2 byte data - ???
0x0B - 3 byte data - ???
0x14 - ??? / psp only? / if at start of file 1 byte data, rest has no data
0xC9 - 1 byte data - ???
0xFF - end of script? (not always at the end)

I haven't played the game yet, therefor i don't know if there are color change opcodes or anything else.
DLC is translateable but DL_JP_XX.EDAT contains a full new START_JP.LZS for each dlc...

Note: i'm not a translator, but i love to write tools to do a translation/mod, i release this tool + source code when it's finished.

Reactions: Linka

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, if only I knew how any of this stuff worked. It looks very complicated, so I applaud those who can make sense of this.

O.Peguero

Trophies
XP
Country
wow hey guys im new to this stuf. but have dealt with psp for a while now. this game looks interesting havent played ps2version though:unsure: but im following for a while ypur updates and have try them all. just as linka i feel powerless i wish i could helpyou guys with this proyect. all i can do is test and tell you what you might change. hope to be of some help chepchep.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main thing I need help with is people testing the game and reporting back any bugs they see. Its going to be a slow process since I have not found a way to easily dump the PS2 text into the PSP version.

Falo,
I have tried inserting text into using the opt codes to "lengthen" the space I have for English text but things get all messed up for any text coming later. There must be a table someplace that is referencing hex addresses for the script. I have been unable to find the table yet.

O.Peguero

Trophies
XP
Country
very few actually do this kind of thing, so i thankyou buddy. this is a game a thought i never played but it will seem posible soon. i started a new game the translated intro is great. ill get back to you ASAP.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the DLC for LPR and looking at it I doubt I will ever translate it. It seems NIS was very lazy. They copied all the original files and then added in the DLC content. The implication is that I would have to re translate the entire game again with the DLC content. I also am finding about 10 different versions of the script in scriptpack.dat. Most of them have the exact same script except some have been fixed. NIS people just included old broken files in the final release.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a little weird that they included the old scripts in it. Would it be possible to remove some of the broken scripts in order to ease up the space for the English translation?

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's a little weird that they included the old scripts in it. Would it be possible to remove some of the broken scripts in order to ease up the space for the English translation?
Why remove anything ? My tool auto-repoints the talk script, this should allow any text length.

I finished today the TXP / TX2 import, so far all PSP txp work, PS2 tx2 works too but has some color problems, i started to work on the TXP export, but i have some palette generating problems, it's not easy to convert a 32bpp PNG image into a 4/8bit indexed image, my current code works only in my tool, if i insert it back into the game, it looks like garbage: (i tried to insert the PS2 USA font)

Talk script editor is also ready, but haven't tested it yet.

Here an alpha release:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/neeap9thjx84809/LaPucelleToolpackV1.7z
It may crash in some special circumstances (saving/loading TXP, compile wrong script, etc...)

Note: My LZS compression algo is not so perfect, the 11 MB file is compressed into a 5 MB file, 200 KB bigger than original.

D

Deleted User

Wait all eboot.bin translated ?
So everything is translated except the dialogs now?

SCRIPTPACK.DAT contains all dialogs? if you manage to translate it, will this be a 100% translation? :bow:

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the only way this'd be a 100% translation is if we can manage to get a translation of the Demon Lord Prier chapters. Which'll be difficult.

If anything this is gonna be a 80% translation, which is what most people would be getting to.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NicoBlogs,

Right now just about everything except the flavor text for creatures and the dialogue through the entire game is translated. Granted the biggest challenge is going to be the dialogue since I think there are over 170 pages of text and NIS left very little space to fix the English in. My goal is to try to slowly get through it all and then that will be about 80% of the game since I will have a hard time translating the extra content on the PSP version.

Things are coming along but its very slow going now now that I have to translate complete sentences versus just nouns.

Reactions: Linka

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also, today is the 25th anniversary of the 1st episode of spongebob