Hardware PSP how much memory can it support?

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is an answer I got from a forum member here to my question: can I use micro SD cards into memory pro duo cards?

You could buy an SD adapter for the PS2, there are numerous available, some even with twin-slots, however nobody can guarantee their seemless operation. MSPD is always the recommended storage device, however adapters are cheap enough, so you could try one out.

Since it was a side question on the other topic I think it deserves it's own topic.

So how/where are you able to get these adapters ( i live in europe/Netherlands)?

Also Can the psp use my 32 GB microsd card with it? I don't know if any memory limit?

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
This is an answer I got from a forum member here to my question: can I use micro SD cards into memory pro duo cards?

You could buy an SD adapter for the PS2, there are numerous available, some even with twin-slots, however nobody can guarantee their seemless operation. MSPD is always the recommended storage device, however adapters are cheap enough, so you could try one out.

Since it was a side question on the other topic I think it deserves it's own topic.

So how/where are you able to get these adapters ( i live in europe/Netherlands)?

Also Can the psp use my 32 GB microsd card with it? I don't know if any memory limit?

Think you got that wrong.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not certain of the amount of storage the psp can suppurt but I have seen people get up to around 64gb using these sd card adaptors

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
You can use two 64GB SDXC cards with the right brand adapter. However, even though SDXC and SDHC are electronically identical most adapters will not work with 64GB cards.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As far as I know, the 6.xx firmwares introduced a change in the filesystem and the current maximum of a mounted storage device for the PSP is exactly 256GB.

That said, you cannot have that much - there are no MSPD's of this size and SD adapters are compatible up to SDHC technology. I've never seen anyone with a working SDXC card in an adapter and until I see a photo of such a set, I will remain sceptical. The maximum is 64GB in a dual-SD adapter with 32GB being recommended (dual SD adapters recommend 16GB to be the maximum capacity per slot, but that said, I've seen sets that do work). The recommended adapter is Photofast CR5400, however beware of fakes. Fortunately, the adapter only costs about $2, so you can afford to get another if you happen to get a faulty one or a fake.

It's also worth to mention that original MSPD's are the recommended storage medium for the PSP - SD adapters do not support certain functions sticks do, such as IPL installation (for hacking purposes) and sometimes have a delay when mounting the SD cards, causing certain homebrew to refuse to work, most notably POPSLoader appears to be fussy about it (that depends on the adapter though. I bought two Photofast's - one has a delay during SD mount in dual-SD mode, one doesn't, so I assume one is fake).

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Witchain....powered by Hubble Bubble Toil and Trouble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSOppq8UHVA

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i filled my 16gb up with in an hour of buying it. a few psp games, a bunch of emulation, and some psx stuff, and you hit the 16gb limit really quickly.

-another world
Same here, got 16GB and issues with managing it. I don't even play most of those games, but I *like* having them with me for some reason... :P

Reactions: 1 person

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The HDD size is irrelevant. Imagine a 1TB drive....(although don't because it wouldn't work....think smaller but bigger than that!)

Personally i'm good with my 4GB stick.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Well you can imagine how successful it was judging by the fact that about 12 people remember them....and these days it's impractical. Ultimately i'm a firm believer in "Get another memory stick" rather than "Get a bigger memory stick".

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well you can imagine how successful it was judging by the fact that about 12 people remember them....and these days it's impractical. Ultimately i'm a firm believer in "Get another memory stick" rather than "Get a bigger memory stick".
Get both, another, bigger memory stick - solves both issues. :P

Reactions: 1 person

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was "lucky" and was able to get a "questionable authenticity" "unbranded" "Sony" 32GB MSPD stick from DealExtreme. It worked fantastically but the product is no longer available. It only cost me about $35 - at the time, a 32GB or two 16GB MicroSDHC's was a bit more than that. But now, there's only two reasons I'd recommend trying to find a "possible counterfeit" 32GB MSPD is because the one I got has been going strong for nearly a year (though I havent used my PSP much since I got a Vita in march, I've still used it for some video/audio play back because i have the extended battery in my PSP and 32 gigs is plenty for me.
http://gbatemp.net/topic/311841-speed-test-32gb-designers-pro-duo-from-dx/page__fromsearch__1

The second reason is because I personally had horrible experiences with a MicroSD adapter and my genuine 8gb Lexar card was only $5 less than the 32 gig from DX.

You may be able to find such memory cards that resemble Sony cards, from sites like Amazon - but make sure you buy somewhere with a money back guarantee enforcement (like eBay or Amazon i think) in case you wind up with one that has a false format (lies about its true capacity). the one me and Rayder tested definitely had the full genuine memory size, it just doesn't detect MagicGate compliance compared to a genuine/licensed card.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lmao 32 GB excessive? Hell no. So the psp won't have any issue with it so you say. Ok good to know. (other then some small issue)

ANyway Arras I know where to buy memorys tick pro duo. But I need to know where to buy an ADAPTER that allows me to put my micro SD into the memory pro duo or something a sort.

Just found:

http://www.abcstore.nl/webshop/geheugenkaarten/detail/535/memory-stick-pro-duo-micro-sd-adapter.html

Ondersteunt MicroSD kaarten tot een grootte van 16GB

So my 32 GB card won't work? :( SIgh. I got 2x 32 GB cards. now I need another 16 gb it seems?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lmao 32 GB excessive? Hell no. So the psp won't have any issue with it so you say. Ok good to know. (other then some small issue)

ANyway Arras I know where to buy memorys tick pro duo. But I need to know where to buy an ADAPTER that allows me to put my micro SD into the memory pro duo or something a sort.

Just found:

http://www.abcstore....sd-adapter.html

Ondersteunt MicroSD kaarten tot een grootte van 16GB

So my 32 GB card won't work? :( SIgh. I got 2x 32 GB cards. now I need another 16 gb it seems?
Most of those adapters don't really support 32GB cards. They may work or may not work. I still say getting an actual MSPD is better though because you're pretty much sure it'll work properly. Also, have an adapter link http://computer-software.marktplaats.nl/spelcomputers-sony-psp-onderdelen-en-toebehoren/591658787-32gb-max-psp-photofast-cr-5400-2-micro-sd-pro-duo-adapter.html?return=eJxdy9tqhEAMBuB3WXDv1NFhumVEFpe%2ByFRTFecQJpF2W%2FruzdwWQvLlJ3G2sz%2B7VQPZ3tzshcDleRs2ZrRteySE2ASXD0bvHFMTfUsIfk4BT4ZM9eoC0L%2BMUnzWSFinuEBewEOspTjBO2wpQ2z5iVCvsMG5Qjycy9zO%2Favqm42Dv3%2F5sbsuNHKq9NRV%2BuGlTdq8FPbCclrM4u8dhfSxkCwiLKESBMmneAbI%2Byxror18XhHPUV3dZ2Ue2vSqMm%2BiMkZzU1pfht8%2Fy2hZAw%3D%3D&df=1&fta=eNpVkstu2zAQRX%2FF4MJrcqjnEF60KFAEKNpFim6CwBiKlC1ElgSJSpwa%2Bvfy4QbI7mie9w5FWOJtwQrZOvfHV%2BoXpvxngezaH8TeLAc3olC9QJkXqgeEioPqHf7tJrW0ZkE1OeTqMuGwXuzcNWpcOoT9NK0Hvqe3J5kDf37iz4e85FKG6RmyiU6Wqc5PXlAi60xcK8oaGchGWijt1QMYAPJAIDQPkaol25gIgqAKoDModIBSFlUoLus84zIBVFmErBW1h1xX1oY5WcaFCZFMti3IBLopEtRWJyisHwgaak6thypvy8a3Q67bvDURRMV11O5tuHEisxx7O5zcOdjjPuEtXeh6DI69SRMtAzJ6Y4pQ4K3DcCHP8SF85uHb%2FUghHjBH9oO07e%2Fh3%2B%2BTjRsFsq%2FUvNjB%2FKRLDIFI6d3jOLzvfg3GzsZ6Obv%2FCr84N3d6dfZjCDLBksrHcXYPvuXKksK03P8Jf6hfg%2Fa7XJ4k3Z9zS0JiTVT5uTAs%2FW7Pdj3Z4YVodr5j29IFXkMlx9u2%2FQP0x76f&fta_ind=13&fs=1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt