PSP Games Which Won't Work In Adrenaline

HandsomeJack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There has been more chat about this on Reddit than here.

Some PSP games don't work in Adrenaline. Usually, it's a plugin issue and turning off all PSP plugins fixes the issue. Sometimes, it's the UMD driver.

However, I'm being driven nuts by the fact I can't get N.O.V.A. to work no matter what I try. It freezes after the GameLoft logo.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I have many PSP and PS1 games and so far I didn’t run into any issues with games not working on Adrenaline (except old PS1 converts which I created with an older version of PSX2PSP which worked on my PSP) but I should mention if you’re using Adrenaline Bubble, don’t, it has a lot of issues and poor compatibility and can even mess up Adrenaline you’ll need to reinstall it.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Most* work, but a few don't, in my experience.

I just use ARK instead and only use Adrenaline for PS1 games.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The only game that is not working with adrenalin for me is the unreleased Duke Nukem Critical Mass PSP Beta copy, make me sad. Works only with PPSSPP, also not working on PS3 CFW. Would love to play it on the Vita. The game was released for NDS, but this emulator has currently not enough power for Vita.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ Marc_LFD : This sounds good man. But I am currently on 3.65.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ark-4-cfw-port-for-psp.581263/

For 3.60 Henkaku users only.

Install an ARK-4 bubble for 3.60 using FastARK: https://github.com/theheroGAC/ArkFast/releases/
Replace ARK savedata with latest release.
Copy H.BIN from Vitabubble folder into ARK savedata folder.

Known Issues?

ARK-4 is pretty stable and compatible, with all features available on PSP, but some features are missing or restricted on PS Vita.

PS1 games don't work on PS Vita (there are two ways to fix this and each of them is not fully explored yet).
High memory support on PS Vita is experimental and buggy.
There is no kernel exploit available for PS Vita 3.65+.
There is no native Vita-side patching done, so there's some limitations imposed by Official Sony pspemu (can't create folders in /PSP/GAME/, can't create files named EBOOT.PBP, etc), some workarounds include being able to use /PSP/APPS/ and /PSP/VHBL/ folders for homebrews and alternative names for eboots (FBOOT.PBP, VBOOT.PBP, wmenu.bin).

Reactions: HandsomeJack

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ Marc_LFD : This sounds good man. But I am currently on 3.65.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ark-4-cfw-port-for-psp.581263/

For 3.60 Henkaku users only.

Install an ARK-4 bubble for 3.60 using FastARK: https://github.com/theheroGAC/ArkFast/releases/
Replace ARK savedata with latest release.
Copy H.BIN from Vitabubble folder into ARK savedata folder.

Known Issues?

ARK-4 is pretty stable and compatible, with all features available on PSP, but some features are missing or restricted on PS Vita.

PS1 games don't work on PS Vita (there are two ways to fix this and each of them is not fully explored yet).
High memory support on PS Vita is experimental and buggy.
There is no kernel exploit available for PS Vita 3.65+.
There is no native Vita-side patching done, so there's some limitations imposed by Official Sony pspemu (can't create folders in /PSP/GAME/, can't create files named EBOOT.PBP, etc), some workarounds include being able to use /PSP/APPS/ and /PSP/VHBL/ folders for homebrews and alternative names for eboots (FBOOT.PBP, VBOOT.PBP, wmenu.bin).
I think ark now works up to 3 74.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, ohkay