Hacking PSP Games Run Slow on PSTV

Cvanderhoef

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently received a PSTV that was already hacked with Adrenaline, Vita Shell, and a few PS1 and PSP games. The PS1 games run fine but 5 out of the 6 PSP game run extremely slow. The one working game is Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity which appears to be a translation from this website. The only thing I found searching the web was to change the resolution of the PSTV itself, which I tried but it did not work. I also had some PSP iso's of my own that I FTP'd to Vita Shell but those games ran slow, too. Any idea how I can get these to run at normal speed? Thanks for helping the new guy.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good chance that ge_patch is intalled, which tries to force PSP games to run at Vita resolution, but mostly leaning on original PSP clocks, which is just asking for slowdown. Use vitashall to open ux0:/PSPEMU/seplugins/game.txt, if you see a line with "ms0:/seplugins/ge_patch.prx 1" , change it to 0 to disable and save the file.

Reactions: GamingTable

Cvanderhoef

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good chance that ge_patch is intalled, which tries to force PSP games to run at Vita resolution, but mostly leaning on original PSP clocks, which is just asking for slowdown. Use vitashall to open ux0:/PSPEMU/seplugins/game.txt, if you see a line with "ms0:/seplugins/ge_patch.prx 1" , change it to 0 to disable and save the file.

Thanks for the quick reply. I do not have a seplugins folder. I only have a ISO and PSP folder in uxo:/PSPEMU.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ur0/tai or ux0/tai depending on which you're using. the former is the best place for it, because it will be on the system, not the memory card/micro sd.

Cvanderhoef

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ur0/tai or ux0/tai depending on which you're using. the former is the best place for it, because it will be on the system, not the memory card/micro sd.
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.

*KERNEL
ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx
ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx
ur0:tai/0syscall6.skprx
ur0:tai/storagemgr.skprx
ur0:tai/PSVshell.skprx

*main
ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx
ur0:tai/shellbat.suprx
ur0:tai/pngshot.suprx
ur0:tai/download_enabler.suprx
ur0:tai/DolcePolce.suprx

*NPXS10015

*NPXS10016

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got it working. It was the clock speed setting in the Adrenaline settings. it was set to 20/10. Set it to Default and PSP and PS1 games work like a charm.
Exactly what I was going to suggest checking.
You could probably get away with upping it to 333/166 on PSTV - only real reason not to would be battery drain on a 1000/2000, which isn't a concern on PSTV.

Reactions: Cvanderhoef

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-