Android PSP emulator for android

lampuiho

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I think I have to step in and say something regarding the performance of a program developed in Java.

Rydian you seemed to forget that Java codes are run in a Java virtual machine. Memory is handled by it and code bytes are compiled as x86 instructions in real time. These stuff do not merely increase the overhead when launching the program. Memory access and management do take up more resources for example.

You see all emulation programs do the same thing and they run a lot slower than on a real machine. Now imaging running a virtual machine within a virtual machine. Like running VirtualBox inside a a emulated Windows XP (with another VirtualBox).

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You see all emulation programs do the same thing and they run a lot slower than on a real machine.
Non sequitur. Emulators for game systems are slow because they have to emulate the underlying hardware (examples: SNES9x, Project64, etc.), not because of memory virtualization.

Contrast this with hardware virtualization, which does not have to emulate the underlying CPU and such and is thus much faster (example: "PSX Classics"/POPS on the PSP). This technique is also supported by Virtualbox, VMWare, Microsoft Virtual PC, and more.

allanj87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this wont run gitaroo man on my s3 which is the onl psp game i ever got addicted to makes me sad :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte