Gaming PSP Cfw help :)

vaan661

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I made a new thread if anyone has any questions... problems, or looking for a reason to buy a psp ask away...
I may not know everything on the cfw but i do know a lot to help you... But i do recommend that you as well buy the UMD games if you think that game is worth it
smile.gif

I currently own all three psp models

Let's see... I know all about modding, flash 0 where you can change the layout of your psp= gameboots and so on, themes, the recovery menu, Iso's, compressors, applications, and a bunch of other things that I can't get into my mind at this moment

If you ever come across an application called Irshell and your curious about it... let me know cause I tried it but i disliked it... but people have different taste's, so if you like it let me know and I will help you with the setting's ok...

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
vaan661 said:
So I made a new thread if anyone has any questions... problems, or looking for a reason to buy a psp ask away...
I may not know everything on the cfw but i do know a lot to help you... But i do recommend that you as well buy the UMD games if you think that game is worth it
smile.gif

I would say about 98% of all common questions have already been asked and answered and are usually found in the PSP sticky section
smile.gif

ryukyus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vaan661 said:
smile.gif
I'm also looking to buy a psp hope you can help 1) where do I buy it, what model should I buy since I want to mod it 2) what are the detail list of accessories do I need to mod it , links would be nice thx

vaan661

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
vaan661 said:
smile.gif

I would say about 98% of all common questions have already been asked and answered and are usually found in the PSP sticky section
smile.gif

Lol thats true man but I wanted to make my own thread

vaan661

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ryukyus said:
vaan661 said:
smile.gif
I'm also looking to buy a psp hope you can help 1) where do I buy it, what model should I buy since I want to mod it 2) what are the detail list of accessories do I need to mod it , links would be nice thx

You can buy a psp at any store such as walmart, bestbuy, gamestop, gamecrazy, target, Frys, any electronic store... or online of course

I have all 3 models
but I recommend that you should buy the 2000 model
because the 3000 model has not been hacked yet... but are getting close 2

if you are a patient person then i recommend you getting the 3000 model because of its features

in order for you to mod your psp you will need a Pandora battery and some applications
You can either make the battery yourself or buy it off the internet or if you friend already has a Pandora battery let him know so he could mod it for you

I am ot sure this site allows outside links

vaan661

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snowman007 said:
Is that the battery I need to mod it?
[url=http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12472]http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12472[/url]

Also is there anything the phat can do that the slim can't? Thanks for making this topic by the way.
smile.gif

Yes that is a Pandora Battery you can use that to mod ur psp...

Well the Phat carries 1.5 firmware letting you play more homebrew game...
The slim doesn't carry 1.5 firmware so it lets you only play a few homebrew games

I just recommend you getting the slim
smile.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(skyman747 @ Feb 4 2009, 12:27 AM) Why don't you just answer peoples questions that they post in the FAQ thread? Don't really see the point in having your own thread.
True... but I like starting my own thread... you know, I just feel helpful that way

CoconutCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You want questions? OK, I have some!

1) I have an old phat PSP with M33 3.71-4 on it. What steps do I need to do for latest CFW?

2) Are there some easy updater packages anyone knows to do this? I used to get them from psp-hacks I think,and they always worked. But I think that site is gone now.

Thanks.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CoconutCake said:

1) I have an old phat PSP with M33 3.71-4 on it. What steps do I need to do for latest CFW?

Just go straight to 5.00 m33, then update to 5.00 m33-6, make sure you have the official 5.00 firmware file (500.pbp) in the same folder as the 5.00 m33 update file when you go to do the update.

2) Are there some easy updater packages anyone knows to do this? I used to get them from psp-hacks I think,and they always worked. But I think that site is gone now.

You don't need an 'easy updater', it's already easy to update.
Thanks.

answered.

vaan661

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CoconutCake said:

Thanks.

the best site to download the latest m33 cfw would pspiso...
so I reconmend you going there
smile.gif

oxjene

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi , i don't know anything about psp but i have old one , i have the original frimware 3.90 so... what i should do to instal custom frimware @@

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
oxjene said:
hi , i don't know anything about psp but i have old one , i have the original frimware 3.90 so... what i should do to instal custom frimware @@

Read "Sticky: Installing A Custom Firmware Tutorial"

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These threads are quite helpful, however we can't have them popping up constantly. This one can be here, but don't just go starting new FAQ threads all willy-nilly like
wink.gif

They are helpful for noobs stumbling onto the site, and not looking around. (hell any time i need to hack a psp, i look for a while before finding the right thread).

So you have approval for this one, from one mod anyway
wink.gif

Just be on the look out for the dreaded Hadrian. He might stomp his giant foot of DOOOOOOM all over this. >_>
(...just playing, hadrian. please don't hit me... again...)

SeanoRLY?

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is it true that you can't use a memory stick any larger then 4gb to hack your PSP? Just something I got told and I'm not 100% on. I was planning on buying an 8gb stick.

Also, if I were to use the repairable battery pandora method, how stable would the battery be afterwards? If it dies I guess I could buy another battery like I planned to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Most devices these days have built in safety if the company is smart