PSP cfw and popsloader questions

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Fazermint, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Fazermint
    OP

Fazermint I like dem vidya gaimes

Jan 8, 2012
    Norway
    Dodging trolls
    Hello there. I just bought a PSP 2004 with cfw 5.50 GEN-D3. (at least that's what my system software is). I've got a couple of questions:

Should I update my cfw to a newer version, and if so which version should I get?

How can I run psx eboots? I tried making one with Impaler's Popstation, but the game never loads. Some guy told me I should use "popsloader", but I couldn't find any clear information on it..

2. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    Yes. 6.60 PRO B10fix - http://gbatemp.net/topic/268289-psp-hackingmodding-faq-start-here/

Most will work without popsloader - http://gbatemp.net/topic/206195-guide-to-converting-ps1-games-for-psp/

1 person likes this.
  3. Fazermint
    OP

Jan 8, 2012
    Norway
    Dodging trolls
    Thanks a bunch :) I will update it when I'm done with my homework.
    One more question though :P If I install the temporary 6.60 version, does something bad happen if I forget to run the Fastrecovery and start a game? Sorry if it's a dumb question ^^

4. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    No. You get either an error this can't be started message or a license error (I run a temp PRO firmware). Your PSP can run a permanent 6.60 if you want though because of where it's come from.

1 person likes this.
  5. Fazermint
    OP

Jan 8, 2012
    Norway
    Dodging trolls
    So I just install 6.60 PRO and it's permanent, or is it a different patch?

6. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    The patch is included in the download, it's a second thing you run after installing PRO. It's not automatic because it doesn't work on all models.

1 person likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice