Hardware PSP boots slower

Creqaw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So out of nowhere my PSP decided to boot really slow. At first it instantly booted the moment I touched the slide even a little bit, now I can slide it out and wait a few seconds before it starts booting, it's not really an issue but slightly annoying and random.

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Which cfw are you currently on ? If you are on 6.20 pro with permanent patch then it is the cause.
I don't really fully understand it but I think the perm patch boots before the psp and takes a few sec then the psp boots .

Creqaw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
check you CPU speeds, if you are on CFW
All default.
Which cfw are you currently on ? If you are on 6.20 pro with permanent patch then it is the cause.
I don't really fully understand it but I think the perm patch boots before the psp and takes a few sec then the psp boots .
Thing is, I've been using the CFW for weeks and only started doing it yesterday.

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
You sure you just didn't notice it? Its not really that obvious .
Anyway try disabling all plugins & reset settings to default and see if there is any difference .

Creqaw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I know it was faster because I got annoyed at the fact that whenever I even touched the screen the PSP booted, now it annoys me because it doesn't boot fast enough, lol

zygie

Trophies
XP
Country
Going to sleep mode is just flicking the power switch for a moment. Shutting down the PSP involves holding it up for some number of seconds until it goes off.

Maybe you were going into sleep mode without you knowing? That's the only reason I can think of other than hardware failure. Booting from sleep, fast, booting from power down, slower.

Creqaw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Going to sleep mode is just flicking the power switch for a moment. Shutting down the PSP involves holding it up for some number of seconds until it goes off.

Maybe you were going into sleep mode without you knowing? That's the only reason I can think of other than hardware failure. Booting from sleep, fast, booting from power down, slower.
Well that's not the problem, I always hold the power button until it's completely off.
//edit Since this could just be my mind playing tricks on me, can someone time how long it takes for their PSP Go to boot up?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hold 'select' while booting, see if that does anything (this boots into OFW not CFW)

If it's the same, I'd flash a higher OFW to see if the problem still goes.
If it's gone when you've upgraded, you can just downgrade back down again.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Actually, slower booting times are to be expected on PSP gos, using the PERM patch.
The permanent patch launches and exploit to boot cfw files instead of the standard perm method, when you flash a custom ipl which overides all that shit.

tl;dr Live with the second more boot times. o.o

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: amd is a bit cheaper though