Hacking psp 5.00m3-6 Vs nds m3 sakura

Dionysus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
By the way i have both but i just curious of what other people reckon about the two, i know theres a poll but im pretty new here

yaypsp.gif
psp rules

yaynds.gif
ds rules as well

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have both and prefer Sakura, I find the M33 software takes a long time to scroll through the games and make your choice, I have a 32GB card and with 40+ games on, it does take a while for the games to show up. I think it would be better to allow you to scroll through the names you have called them, at the moment you have to wait for the icon to show up to be sure where you are (with 40+ games it can take a second or 2)

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have BOTH too but ... how can you compare!?

They are TOTALLY DIFFERENT consoles and TOTALLY DIFFERENT processors and .... TOTALLY DIFFERENT MEMORY CARDS!

They will of course have different access times and different scroll speeds! the psp clocks out at 333mhz the DS 67mhz and 33mhz!

The mem cards read speeds will be different too ... even more with a SDHC card!

Honestly .... its like comparing a Bicycle and a Ferrari! THINK ABOUT IT!

The games on the ds max size around 200mb games for ds ...... up to 2gb or more for PSP added to this there's compressed CSO or uncompressed ISO they will all influence the speeds of stuff loading or even displaying ..... some PSP games have into animations and music that n eed to be loaded when scrolling through so this will add time to the transition between selecting games!

Dionysus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kittymat said:
I have both and prefer Sakura, I find the M33 software takes a long time to scroll through the games and make your choice, I have a 32GB card and with 40+ games on, it does take a while for the games to show up. I think it would be better to allow you to scroll through the names you have called them, at the moment you have to wait for the icon to show up to be sure where you are (with 40+ games it can take a second or 2)
32GB for psp right?... i have an 8GB for my psp, and ironically a 16GB for my NDSL

Dionysus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
kobykaan said:
I have BOTH too but ... how can you compare!?

They are TOTALLY DIFFERENT consoles and TOTALLY DIFFERENT processors and .... TOTALLY DIFFERENT MEMORY CARDS!

They will of course have different access times and different scroll speeds! the psp clocks out at 333mhz the DS 67mhz and 33mhz!

The mem cards read speeds will be different too ... even more with a SDHC card!

Honestly .... its like comparing a Bicycle and a Ferrari! THINK ABOUT IT!

The games on the ds max size around 200mb games for ds ...... up to 2gb or more for PSP added to this there's compressed CSO or uncompressed ISO they will all influence the speeds of stuff loading or even displaying ..... some PSP games have into animations and music that n eed to be loaded when scrolling through so this will add time to the transition between selecting games!
i understand where your coming from, however theres no need to get all hot up about it, thanks for posting anyways

Dionysus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
guests i know your reading so what are your views for this topic...sorry i just remebered you have to register sorry =P

Dionysus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i personally prefer the psp as you can also use the device for movies(prno), pics(prno), and music...
yaypsp.gif

as well a great internet and skype
laugh.gif

However NDSL, is great because you can play GBA games, and also run decent homebrew
yaynds.gif

respect guys who own NDS and PSP with cfw or flashcarts LOL

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yup 32GB for the PSP - 2 x Sandisk 16GB in a dual adapter, works great with the latest PSP firmware, turn the memory card speed up to on and I get virtually no lag's even in GTA, or call me sad but my personal favourite of the moment Crazy Taxi.

Expensive but worth it I think

And yes I have a 16GB in the DS too, the Sandisk ones seem very quick (certainly quicker than the class 2 they are quoted as being!)

da1writer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kittymat said:
Yup 32GB for the PSP - 2 x Sandisk 16GB in a dual adapter, works great with the latest PSP firmware, turn the memory card speed up to on and I get virtually no lag's even in GTA, or call me sad but my personal favourite of the moment Crazy Taxi.

Expensive but worth it I think

And yes I have a 16GB in the DS too, the Sandisk ones seem very quick (certainly quicker than the class 2 they are quoted as being!)
I recently (this morning) grabbed the photofast dual adapter (3 actually) for my PSP as well...
Along with the M3 DS Real for my DS (
yaynds.gif
)...
And SEVEN 8GB Kingston Micro SDHC Cards (Class 4).
Cost in total was $220... and I didn't spend any of my money.
I used all the cash (Paypal) from my recent sales on Ebay to pay for it (yeah, I'm an ebayer).

In general to the question, I think both handhelds are great, especially once they are hacked (Hard-mod or Soft-mod)!

P.S. Like most people, I don't have the money for all that stuff (got too many bills, etc.)... so... I sold a ton of my movies on Ebay. Easy way to get money
wink.gif
!

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I also have both. PSP is pretty awesome in the fact that is has high graphics games, and also games like Crisis Core. It has a few really awesome games. And then there are some OK games. It also has alot of cool homebrew things such as a universal remote, computer monitoring program, etc.

While Sakura on the DS has some cool homebrew things, it has alot of games that a pretty good to ok and then it has maybe a few really cool (cool

qwsed

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, if you only look at games the DS rules by far. The game might not be as hardcore as some want them to be (exept gta). But there are alot of good games
tongue.gif

Kuschel-Drow

Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've had both...

First I had my phat DS, then sold it because I didn't like the games that were out for it. (Well the DS was just out so...) So I traded it for a new PSP... Although I downgraded its firmware and stuff I wasn't really satisfied with it. There were only few games that I actually considered playing, and with only a 2GB memory stick... well you can imagine... ^^

Then I got me a new DS with a M3 flashcart after finally finding out that playing roms on your DS is even possible. In the meanwhile there were a lot of good games that came out for the DS (I love RPGs
biggrin.gif
) and I could still play my favorite GBA games, as well as all the good SNES and GBC games using emulators. Then there was a lot of great homebrew, even a browser (it's not that good though, but good enough to have a look at your emails and forums and whatever) and what I like best: Colors!

You can play MP3's, OGG format, and even videos on it, have a look at your photoes like you could do on your psp as well, but the NDS STILL has the TOUCHSCREEN that makes it really unique and offers a lot more possibillities.
smile.gif
Even a whole PDA...

So being stuck with all my favorite Nintendo games and only having a few faforite games on PSOne I definitely say that I prefere the DS in any case.
smile.gif
As you can see the graphics in newer games even have improved. It may not be as great as on a PSP, but it's still lovely and fits my taste much better.
smile.gif

(Although I have always wished for a Zelda OOT adaption for the DS... That would have rocked!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: