Psp 3000 hacking help :(

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by aerospacegod, May 4, 2011.

May 4, 2011

Psp 3000 hacking help :( by aerospacegod at 3:54 AM (1,032 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. aerospacegod
    OP

Newcomer aerospacegod Member

Singapore
    Guys im very confused with the numerous guide for hacking the psp 3000 and i need someone to guide me.

My psp is 5.03

First off i want to:

Play backup iso.cso
    Play psx eboots
    Play homebrew

I need a full cfw meaning i can turn of and turn on as i wish.

I read that using chickhen v2 allows me to install cfws but im confused whether after installing those cfw i have to reinstall them when i reboot my psp? or are they permanent?

Could someone guide me to the most updated supported cfw guide would be gladly appreciated

2. Quietlyawesome94

Member Quietlyawesome94 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Sadly, It is still not possible to permanently install Custom Firmware on a psp 3000. Give me a sec and I'll point ya to the software you will need. [​IMG] EDIT: Here is a signed version of ChickHEN (You can launch it from the game folder instead of the Picture)
    ChickHEN

Now Install Gen-C Final Gen-c

Than Install Prometheus 4 (make sure you select 5.03 GEN) Prometheus

3. aerospacegod
    OP

Singapore
    thanks man! will there any disadvantages installing 6.20 cfw? like not able to play popsloader? [​IMG]

4. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    What are you talking about, dude?

6.20 PRO-5 Permanent is a full custom firmware, at this point.

Update to 6.20 OFW.

Run the 6.20 PRO-5 install.

Run 6.20 PRO-5 Perma patch.

!!! AWESOME!

You'll have good PSX support but no Pops so SOME games don't work.

You MAY want 5.03 CFWEnabler for a few games, but honestly, most titles work on 6.20 PRO-5 so you shouldn't really worry.

5. Quietlyawesome94

United States
    I was not aware that the perma patch worked with all 3000 models...

6. Schlupi

United States
    Lol it's alright. [​IMG]

Now you know. [​IMG] The 6.20 PRO-5 perma patch works with ALL models that are not 9g.

You can run "PSPident" to check your model number, JUST in case, to see you're not 9g, and then if it is you're good to go for the perma patch.

Of course, if you're able to be on 5.03 it means you're an older 3000 model so you don't even have to do that, but just in case you should check any PSP so you don't end up with a brick.

FYI, permapatch works on PSP Go models too.

7. Quietlyawesome94

United States
    AWESOME! I don't know if you remember this certain bundle, but I bought the psp 3000 Ratchet and Clank/ National Treasure 2 Bundle when it first came out. So was that 2008 or 09? Can you apply this patch to every new release of PRO or just that certain release?

8. Schlupi

United States
    As I recall the old perma patch worked with it, but it only matters for PRO-5 and the ones after, right? [​IMG]

Since you're not going to install an old one. Yes, I would assume all new CFWs from ColdBird and VF will work with that PSP.

JUST so you know:

"Fast Recovery" is something people were confused about. It is just a program to launch your PRO FW when there was no perma patch, or for people who can't use 6.20 and have to use 6.35 who can't use perma patch (6.35 has no way to perma, and a small fraction of PSPs are in this catagory). You WILL NOT need Fast Recovery at all.

Just run the PRO-5 installer, then PRO-5 perma, and you can delete them off your stick for good. Also note, running the Fast Recover for the WRONG PRO FIRMWARE WILL RESULT IN A PERMABRICK.

Confirmed by many unfortunate people. DO NOT even mess with the Fast Recovery, since you don't need it, and DO NOT ever run, say, PRO-2's FR on PRO-3. Just so you know.

9. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    1. iso is the default image format of a disk, comes uncompressed. cso means a compressed iso. both can be read by PSP:
    XMB (depending on the version you have), or an external ISO loader)

2. For eboots (which aren´t from PSN Store) you need a CFW = Custom Firmware, which can only be installed IF your PSP has a compatible motherboard. So guess what? You need to get your motherboard revision.

Use pspident, then paste results here. If you have a compatible motherboard, you will gain pops psx compatibility, which means running nearly every psx game out there.

3. You should be able to run homebrew once you enable chicken (soft mod) or cfw (system mod). Note: softmod = once you completely shutdown (not sleep mode) your PSP, you´ll lose the hacked FW, being forced to re-enable it again for backups/homebrew, while cfw = a permanent modification to your PSP Operating System, so you won´t lose a hacked firmware even when you completely shutdown it.

--

Now, if you have a softmod--only motherboard (ChickHen) and try to install system files, no matter who´d have succeded on this, don´t try it right now, it is still on beta stages.

10. aerospacegod
    OP

Singapore
    followed schlupi's advice and got my psp 3000 fully hacked! thanks to everyone in he topic who helped me^^

11. Schlupi

United States
    Glad I could help. [​IMG]

12. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    You welcome . [​IMG]

13. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    6.20 PRO-B5 does NOT work permanently on all 3000 models...
    But any model that can run 5.03 can be permanent.

Yes it seems odd that the 3000 has been updated more than the Go, but that's how it is.