Not open for further replies.

BlackDave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I bought a psp 2000 recently to replace my broken psp 3000

But I want to do something about it. So my analog stick broke and I bought a replacement one but when trying to replace it, I open the small little latch that secures the ribbon. But trying to open it, the black piece snapped off and now I can't tighten the ribbon as the piece of plastic broke off. Now I understand that if I hold the ribbon down on the connector it will work but that's only my finger.

Is there a way of making the ribbon stay on the connector and tight so that I can use it again.

I hate to see my psp 3000 being useless as I just replaced its screen and is still working perfectly on all other aspects

Shardnax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are the non-Sony replacement analog sticks you can get there any good? I've been considering replacing mine since my friend dropped my PSP and it is no longer centered and it jumps about.

BlackDave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlackDave said:
Hi I bought a psp 2000 recently to replace my broken psp 3000

But I want to do something about it. So my analog stick broke and I bought a replacement one but when trying to replace it, I open the small little latch that secures the ribbon. But trying to open it, the black piece snapped off and now I can't tighten the ribbon as the piece of plastic broke off. Now I understand that if I hold the ribbon down on the connector it will work but that's only my finger.

Is there a way of making the ribbon stay on the connector and tight so that I can use it again.

I hate to see my psp 3000 being useless as I just replaced its screen and is still working perfectly on all other aspects

QUOTE(Jamstruth @ Mar 27 2010, 07:11 PM) You need a replacement Analog Nub. You can get them at Dealextreme or any alternative

-_-

iYoshi-

Trophies
XP
Country
I think you should find a comfy box, and let your broken friend rest in peace.
Or take it to a sony repair store, which ever floats your boat.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Unless you feel like de-soldering and resoldering a connector there's really bugger all you can do (if you can even find the connector)
You could try to find a Spares+Repairs PSP 3000 and replace its broken parts with those in your PSP

don_eno

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Jamstruth said:
Unless you feel like de-soldering and resoldering a connector there's really bugger all you can do (if you can even find the connector)
You could try to find a Spares+Repairs PSP 3000 and replace its broken parts with those in your PSP
it won't be easy finding spare parts but thats the only solution

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
don_eno said:
Jamstruth said:

*Points to DealExtreme and other Hobby repair sites on the internet*

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jamstruth said:
Unless you feel like de-soldering and resoldering a connector

zeromac said:
Solder it in place or to the connecter

don_eno said:
Jamstruth said:
Unless you feel like de-soldering and resoldering a connector

QUOTE(BlackDave @ Mar 28 2010, 03:02 PM)
so i could solder the ribbon in place?

I think your question has been answered a thousand times over. Solder the connector, or gutswap from another PSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo