Gaming PSP 2000 the same as Slim and Lite?

Foxstar

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey all,

I am about to take the plunge and get a psp. I have seen a few on ebay and some claim to be a psp 2000 which has supposedly just come out on the market. Is this exactly the same as the psp slim and lite? Also i can probably can a second hand psp of my mate for $150, is it worth paying extra to get a new psp slim and lite? I am kind of tight on money but i feel that if i am gonna put money into a psp maybe i should just pay a bit extra and get a new one.

Cheers.

EDIT: Ha ha, i just looked through a few more pages of google and it seems 2000 is the same as slim and lite.

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They are the same, and psp can use skype, gomessenger, has a bit more ram, and has tv output for a start.
most new things will be only for psp 2000 as well, so its worth it

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
PSP-1000 is the Fat PSP.
PSP-2000 is the Slim PSP.

PSP Fat has better homebrew support (for the moment), PSP Slim has double the RAM and SkyPE support, and obviously is slimmer and lighter
biggrin.gif

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
very unrelated to the topic, but is the gomessenger coming to phat psp also?
biggrin.gif
Are you talking about SkyPE? Sony said that for the moment they have no plans of porting it to Fat, because officially "Fat doesn't have enough RAM", but Fanjita proved the contrary by creating Furikup, a VoIP clone for PSP Fat and Slim.

EDIT: Didn't knew what Go!Messenger was. Made a quick search and now I know
smile.gif

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
biggrin.gif

Are you talking about SkyPE? Sony said that for the moment they have no plans of porting it to Fat, because officially "Fat doesn't have enough RAM", but Fanjita proved the contrary by creating Furikup, a VoIP clone for PSP Fat and Slim.

No.

yes in the new firmware it is included
I heard that it's there, but i don't have that icon. Running 3.90 m33, it should be the newest one?

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
biggrin.gif

No.
Whoa, there's no need to be so harsh
dry.gif

Go!Messenger is only available in 3.90M33 to European PSPs. Be sure that your region is set to "Europe" inside the Recovery Menu.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
biggrin.gif

No.
dry.gif

Go!Messenger is only available in 3.90M33 to European PSPs. Be sure that your region is set to "Europe" inside the Recovery Menu.
Sorry
tongue.gif

That worked, thx. my psp was weeaboo so the region was set to japan. Probably pretty useless thing when it ever it will be available, but whatever.
biggrin.gif

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
biggrin.gif

No.
dry.gif

Sorry
tongue.gif

That worked, thx. my psp was weeaboo so the region was set to japan. Probably pretty useless thing when it ever it will be available, but whatever.
biggrin.gif
Don't worry
wink.gif

Glad it worked
smile.gif
It's only a placeholder icon, I think that Go!Messenger will be fully working only in 4.00
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.