PSP 1000 hacking questions

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Donald Serrot, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Donald Serrot
    OP

Donald Serrot GBAtemp Fan

May 11, 2009
    United States
    I just got my lovely PSP 1001 today, and it's at V5.03. I've been looking around trying to figure out what all I need to do to add CFW and it's all a little confusing to me. I've been looking through multiple guides and even some YouTube videos and so far all I know is I need to use ChickHEN just to get started. I have that, tiff image on the card and the h.bin at the root of the card.(4GB)

I also have the 500m33 6 update on the card too.

I know it's supposed to take a few tries to get ChickHEN to do it's thing, but it seems like it's not getting anywhere. Every time I try the system freezes and shuts off instead of restarts. And when I check it still shows the version as 5.03 (I remember in the one video it showed ChickHEN or something like that after)

Any help is greatly appreciated. I really want to get started into PSP hacking the right way. [​IMG]

2. prowler

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    Format your memory card in the XMB, not on the computer because it wont have the folders.
    Chickhen does take a while to get running.

Do you have the image in PSP/PHOTOS/CHICKHEN ?

3. Donald Serrot
    OP

May 11, 2009
    United States
    I formatted the card on the PSP already and the image is in PSP/PHOTO/ChickHEN
    The readme said "PHOTO" and the folder in had (for slim but I switched tiffs) was "ChickHEN". Would the caps make a big difference at all? Maybe I'm over thinking that. I had tried many times with just the tiff itself no ChickHen folder but I remembered seeing it in a video so I tried that too.

{EDIT}
    Yeah, PHOTOS doesn't work. it is PHOTO. Just tried switching the folder to see.

4. prowler

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    are you using the slim ones? Use the phat ones.
    Doesnt matter about caps.

And it does that a while getting onto chickhen! It's not just your psp [​IMG]

5. Donald Serrot
    OP

May 11, 2009
    United States
    I took the folder from the slim file and replaced the tiff image with the phat one to see if that would help so kinda hybrid folder I guess.

So I just have to keep trying then until it works? I have everything set up right after all? I took a copy of the tiff out of the CHICKHEN folder and have it back in just the PHOTO folder again.

And just as I type this it finally works! Now to get onto the CFW! [​IMG] Thanks!