Hacking PSP 1000 5.50 GEN-D3 help.

fadeetoblackk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am 100 percent new to hacking any console in this manner. So please do not kill me haha. I fully hacked my psp using this step by step guide. Psp 1000 guide. I started out on like 2.6 firmware so it was really easy. Now my question is what the hell do I do now. When I plug in my psp all the folders are the same there is no iso folder or anything. Are all of those things on the root of my psp? When I have plugged it in to three different computers all that comes up is the memory stick. I am asuming that I need to get to the root of the psp. If not I dont know what the hell im doing wrong because the hacking process went all through really easily. Someone please help me this is so aggravating.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First, in the XMB go to System Settings and choose Format Memory Stick, say yes to the format and when it is done hook your PSP up to your PC via USB. Now when you click on Memory Stick in My Computer on your PC you should have the following:

PSPmemorystick.jpg

I think you can figure out the rest.
yaypsp.gif

fadeetoblackk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you so much. it was so easy and it was right under my nose. I have other questions and I appreciate anyones time to answer. Noobs are annoying but i have to start somewhere ahah. When psp isos are in parts do i have to put then together with a program? I do not know how to handle files that are in two to three parts. Also if i put in another random memory card and format it will it work all the same since my psp is already fully hacked. And finaly can i just throw ps1 games in the iso loader and it will run the same, or do i need a emulator? Thanks again

ars25

I like tacos and pie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fadeetoblackk said:
thank you so much. it was so easy and it was right under my nose. I have other questions and I appreciate anyones time to answer. Noobs are annoying but i have to start somewhere ahah. When psp isos are in parts do i have to put then together with a program? I do not know how to handle files that are in two to three parts. Also if i put in another random memory card and format it will it work all the same since my psp is already fully hacked. And finaly can i just throw ps1 games in the iso loader and it will run the same, or do i need a emulator? Thanks again
for the iso parts just right click the iso part 1 and select extract and it should extract all of the parts and put them to the original iso file as for the psx games you need to put them in the in the game folder inside of the psp folder and they should appear also if the iso name is to long they wont show so if it dosnt show in the xmb rename the file to something shoerter and it should appear

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PSX games have to be converted into EBOOT format using a program like popstation: Postation GUI download or if you know how to use bittorrent try searching "PSX PSP"

You then put them in PSP/GAME on your memory stick.

And yes, every memory stick you format using your PSP will have the same structure, I personally keep one for ISOs, one for PSX games and one for homebrew. You might want to consider the Prometheus 4 patch for your GEN-D3 CFW - it improves ISO compatability.

Also if you plan to play a lot of PSX games you should probably install the popsloader plugin: popsloader pack

And if you like to cheat (I know I do). CWcheat is a great plugin that works in PSP and PSX games: get CWcheat here

fadeetoblackk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for all of the great suggestions! Im catching on quick, that plug in sounds great that improves isos. Do the psx roms run decently well? The files are so hard to find I almost do not want to bother. You da bomb mechagouki
laugh.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Probably because they're not ROMs. They're ISOs.

The games run fine, Sony made an official PSX game player for the PSP and it runs games fullspeed (because they sell PSX games for the PSP through the playstation network).

The compatibility issues are sometimes lockups or graphical glitches.

fadeetoblackk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah there called isos. haha. Im used to rom emulation with nintendo stuff. This is new to me but it is a lot of fun. I want to learn a lot more about this stuff. I think once I do all this stuff to my psp and get sick of it im going to move on to hacking my psp because having unlimited gamecube games sounds like a dream

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamecube games don't play on your PSP, lol. I think you meant Wii, or GCN.

www.psp-hacks.com or google wololo.net, these are both good places for updates, etc.

btw without sounding like a complete troll, you should really bone up on your computer skills before trying anything else (extracting a file, is something you should have been taught at birth). As you move on from the PSP, or start modifying Wii's (they have things called CISOs and ISO's etc., it's a pain), and especially the PS3, you need to learn and go over multiple sites, as sometimes directions aren't clear, or aren't fully listed on one site, compared to another.

Wynd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer