PSone weird horizontal artifacts

Crylia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, I have a few PSone's that have the same issue where they have these horizontal lines going through the screen.
I already replaced the C550 and C551 as they were bad and garbled the image completely, and I replaced C519 with the hopes that it could be the culprit.

The board itself is very clean, in fact it was never opened prior, so It can't be any liquid damage or corrosion.

Here is an image:
20240107_210805.jpg

It doesn't come over too well on camera, but they are in fact going horizontally through the screen, sometimes also moving vertically.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be? I tried a few cabled with the same result, and my other consoles don't do this on this TV with the same cable.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try a diffrent a/v cable could be something in there causing it like a floating ground or such. Giving the psone motherboard a good overall solder reflow could be an option could be a bad joint that doesn't look bad. Also if you don't have another set to test on just try something else over the same inputs just to rule out the tv as a culpret.

Last edited by wolffangalchemist,
Reactions: AkikoKumagara

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have a few PSone's that have the same issue where they have these horizontal lines going through the screen.
I already replaced the C550 and C551 as they were bad and garbled the image completely, and I replaced C519 with the hopes that it could be the culprit.

The board itself is very clean, in fact it was never opened prior, so It can't be any liquid damage or corrosion.

Here is an image:
View attachment 412591

It doesn't come over too well on camera, but they are in fact going horizontally through the screen, sometimes also moving vertically.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be? I tried a few cabled with the same result, and my other consoles don't do this on this TV with the same cable.
Try a different AV cable. If the cables aren't the fault, maybe the capacitors are starting to die.

Crylia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try a different AV cable. If the cables aren't the fault, maybe the capacitors are starting to die.
I replaced all of them that were somewhat related to the AV output that I found in the diagram. I tried a different cable but the same result, and since it happens on all 3 PSone (I only have that one PSU) I suspect the PSU

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch