psn games on cfw

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by DaMummy, Dec 15, 2009.

Dec 15, 2009

psn games on cfw by DaMummy at 5:34 AM (1,063 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. DaMummy
    OP

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    how do i get psn games, specifically PixelJunk_Monsters_Deluxe_USA_PSN_PROPER_PSP-HR to run on a cfw? currently using 5.00 m33-5 on psp 1001, any direction would be appreciated, some search led me to disable needing umd disc in drive in recovery mode, and to disable all plugins in Advanced Configuration and still no luck using full iso or cso

2. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Google the name, download the ISO and then put it in your ISO folder...

3. DaMummy
    OP

United States
    oh jeez really, think i havent tried that? it gives me an 80020148 error saying something like it cant start the game

4. I2aven's_Sag

Member I2aven's_Sag GBATemp Otaku

United States
    Why don't you just upgrade to GEN D2 (D3 should arrive in the next few days as well). If anything, at least it's another answer, and if that doesn't work then you know it's something else.
    Perhaps it might cause some problems with homebrew apps, but if memory serves me right the PSP is ultimately a gaming portable. Just a thought.

-I2aven

5. themuddaload

Member themuddaload Creepin' hardcore.

United States
    um, i think pixeljunk monsters needs a newer firmware than 500m33-5... so unless you find a patched version, or patch it yourself, you will need an update.

6. DaMummy
    OP

United States
    will patchin with decrypter work? same way that ive patched grant turismo and LBP? and until gen has fast memory card access and has it set up so you can go on the network update option in psp menu and it updates to gen cfw instead of ofw, im sticking with m33 as i see no reason to switch, decrypting really isnt that hard, i cso all my files anyways so might as well decrypt the needed ones

7. themuddaload

Member themuddaload Creepin' hardcore.

United States
    you could try it??

m33 is getting farther and farther out of date =\ i only keep my psp1000 on 500m33-6 because i use it to run irshell.

the memory stick speedup really isnt huge. neither is the network update, and if you are still on 500m33-5 you dont bother to use it anyways...

if you have a pandora battery and a mms there really isnt anything stopping you from trying gen-d3 iffenwhen it does come out.