Gaming PSN down

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I think alot of you are missing the point. Anon AREN'T hitting "legit PS3 users", they are an unfortunate casualty in a far greater war. If you were Graf or Geohot I think you would feel somewhat differently about these guys. They have done nothing wrong apart from reverse engineer a product which I guarantee Sony do all the time. If Sony could take everyone to court who view Geo's video, they would do, Anon are just hitting back and trying to bring Sony down a peg or two.

Long live Anon

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:
I think alot of you are missing the point. Anon AREN'T hitting "legit PS3 users", they are an unfortunate casualty in a far greater war. If you were Graf or Geohot I think you would feel somewhat differently about these guys. They have done nothing wrong apart from reverse engineer a product which I guarantee Sony do all the time. If Sony could take everyone to court who view Geo's video, they would do, Anon are just hitting back and trying to bring Sony down a peg or two.

Long live Anon
They are hitting legit owners since only legit owners can get on PSN. There are many people on PSN that wants to play their legally
owned games online and because of what Anon did, they couldn't. They had nothing to do with the Sony vs Geohotz case and
Anon is just dragging them into it.

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
GameWinner said:
They are hitting legit owners since only legit owners can get on PSN. There are many people on PSN that wants to play their legally
owned games online and because of what Anon did, they couldn't. They had nothing to do with the Sony vs Geohotz case and
Anon is just dragging them into it.
They might be hoping that 'legit users' will put pressure on Sony to do something about it.

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What if you had a CFW then upgraded to a OFW. I still have black box and I want to remove it. I have no hacks on my PS3. I only used it to do a Promod lobby on my PS3 for CoD4 but I removed it. Think I still have a chance to go online as a "legit" user?

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
UnseenHero said:
What if you had a CFW then upgraded to a OFW. I still have black box and I want to remove it. I have no hacks on my PS3. I only used it to do a Promod lobby on my PS3 for CoD4 but I removed it. Think I still have a chance to go online as a "legit" user?
you should make a thread for an answer.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UnseenHero said:
I've done that with mine.

What I did was format everything on my hard drive, went back to 3.55 OFW, than went to the latest OFW.

No problems so far.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I guess sony's just to have to scrap the playstation network. I mean that's what they do--isn't it? if something's potentially compromised, they get rid of it (ooks at other OS, ps2 hard drive, etc). maybe that company should've just stopped at the walkman. :-)

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I know they didn't shut it down just to fuck over customers but it seems like they should have a better way to deal with security issues than to shut down the whole network for extended periods of time
glare.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)