Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
boktor666 said:
the strange thing is that I always have disconnections during online play, it sickens me, even though im using wired internet (cable) Anyone know if this is to prevent the cfw's from entering psn

they cant even enter into PSN anymore from the first place / if im not mistaken

when i sign in, i stay in, but its usually a battle to get signed into the first place

if im not mistaken DDoS sort of messes up traffic of data from Sony - to us - and back to them / im no expert and without sounding ignorant i think the problem is that the data that is being spilled into Sony by the DDoS is causing some lagging sync issues or something tech like like that and thus giving us our problems

- this is so gay.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emigre said:
bazamuffin said:
Hahaha, go Anonymous!!

You ara aware the only people getting fucked over here are legit users right?

So what? If Sony didn't own the PSN, the legit users wouldn't be affected in the first place.

It's obviously making Sony look bad. Especially when it comes down to it's users yet alone investors. Mission accomplished?

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I think the bigger picture here as to why they're doing it is being forgotten. Graf and Geohot (and possibly others) are being nailed to the floor by a a corp who think that purchase of one of their products includes signing over of your soul. Im glad this is happening, just so Sony know that they CAN'T control EVERYTHING

Sony = Attacking users of equipment the user owns and has paid for

Anonymous = Attacking a corp via a Domain they own and have paid for

I think the balance has been restored personally

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bazamuffin said:
I think the bigger picture here as to why they're doing it is being forgotten. Graf and Geohot (and possibly others) are being nailed to the floor by a a corp who think that purchase of one of their products includes signing over of your soul. Im glad this is happening, just so Sony know that they CAN'T control EVERYTHING

I think Nooooooot.. Buying a device, and agreeing to some kind of term at the start of a device binds you. Ok, hacking for private, i can see why that is done. But those guys shouldn't whine. I mean, they had it coming. It's almost the same as bullying a ... bull. And then some random kind of domain comes to support whiney hackers who dont want to buy their games. Dude , 's just sad mkay, the only ones who are getting fucked are legit users like me and some of my mates.

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
boktor666 said:
bazamuffin said:

I think Nooooooot.. Buying a device, and agreeing to some kind of term at the start of a device binds you. Ok, hacking for private, i can see why that is done. But those guys shouldn't whine. I mean, they had it coming. It's almost the same as bullying a ... bull. And then some random kind of domain comes to support whiney hackers who dont want to buy their games. Dude , 's just sad mkay, the only ones who are getting fucked are legit users like me and some of my mates.

Anon are fighting for the rights that you'e excercising as we speak, freedom of information and speech. Don't give a monkeys what you say pal, "legit users" are the unfortunate casualties in this. They stand for freedom, nothing more. They state this in their videos/posts. Like I said there's a bigger picture, its not just about sitting in your mothers basement whispering sweet nothings via a headset, playing soldiers in cybespace

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Zetta_x said:
emigre said:
bazamuffin said:
Hahaha, go Anonymous!!

So what? If Sony didn't own the PSN, the legit users wouldn't be affected in the first place.

It's obviously making Sony look bad. Especially when it comes down to it's users yet alone investors. Mission accomplished?

That's a shit defence. Mainly becasue it makes no sense. I payed for my PS3 and freee online was included in the package. THe only people looking bad are Annoymous, they're just pissing off people who haven't done anything. Why the fuck should I be fucked over because a group of overgrown children don't like Sony legally fucking over GeoHotz?

QUOTE(bazamuffin @ Apr 6 2011, 04:25 PM)

The only people Sony are attacking are the people who hacked the console and the subsequent CFW users. I'm a legit user and like many other legit users, I can say Sony have not attacked me at all. I knew what I was getting into when I bought my PS3 and so far Sony haven't fucked me over. Annoynous aren't just attacking a major Corp, they're pissing off people who have done nohting wrong. When you do that, you cross the line into being a shitty freedom fighter into a Cunt.

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
quote from KickArss.com on the PSN issue fix: "Here is an alternative: Go to Network Settings - Internet Connection Settings - Custom - Select your connection method - Manual Settings - Scroll through until you get to DNS Settings - Select Manual - Enter 8.8.8.8 for Primary and 8.8.4.4 for Secondary.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
bazamuffin said:
boktor666 said:
bazamuffin said:

Anon are fighting for the rights that you'e excercising as we speak, freedom of information and speech. Don't give a monkeys what you say pal, "legit users" are the unfortunate casualties in this. They stand for freedom, nothing more. They state this in their videos/posts. Like I said there's a bigger picture, its not just about sitting in your mothers basement whispering sweet nothings via a headset, playing soldiers in cybespace

You know they say the same thing about Terroist groups.

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
emigre said:
bazamuffin said:
boktor666 said:
bazamuffin said:

You know they say the same thing about Terroist groups.

Hahaha, you a-hole. PSN going down vs.people being killed. Nice comparison. Laters

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
emigre said:
Zetta_x said:
emigre said:
bazamuffin said:
Hahaha, go Anonymous!!

That's a shit defence. Mainly becasue it makes no sense. I payed for my PS3 and freee online was included in the package. THe only people looking bad are Annoymous, they're just pissing off people who haven't done anything. Why the fuck should I be fucked over because a group of overgrown children don't like Sony legally fucking over GeoHotz?

QUOTE(bazamuffin @ Apr 6 2011, 04:25 PM)

The only people Sony are attacking are the people who hacked the console and the subsequent CFW users. I'm a legit user and like many other legit users, I can say Sony have not attacked me at all. I knew what I was getting into when I bought my PS3 and so far Sony haven't fucked me over. Annoynous aren't just attacking a major Corp, they're pissing off people who have done nohting wrong. When you do that, you cross the line into being a shitty freedom fighter into a Cunt.
Amen to the last bit of this message. I totally agree. @bazamuffin: the bigger picture of your "freedom of speech" is as follows:
Dude breaks some stuff in the rules of sony
Pirates are happy
Sony takes it to court
CFW are banned from online launching the most captain obvious assault on a big corp, using statements to *support pirates* in using *legit sources* of sony's corp.

Im neither being fucked by sony, so i dont see what all those CFW guys are whining about. CFW on PS3=No support from the big corp-->resulting in Boo freaking hoo. I dont see why people who are knowingly breaking rules should be supported.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You missed the point completly. You can't justify harming/pissing off innocent people for a cause you deem noble. If I wanted to protest about major corps not paying thier taxes, should I go to their stores adn commit criminal damage as a protest? If you wish to state your aim, you do in a manner that is actually reasonable becasue Annoymous' gung ho idiocy is only going to alienate people.

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
emigre said:
You missed the point completly. You can't justify harming/pissing off innocent people for a cause you deem noble. If I wanted to protest about major corps not paying thier taxes, should I go to their stores adn commit criminal damage as a protest? If you wish to state your aim, you do in a manner that is actually reasonable becasue Annoymous' gung ho idiocy is only going to alienate people.

I highly doubt it sunshine

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Highly doubt what? That Annoymous's actions aren't going ot alienate people? Than look at this thread, people are pissed off their online is being disrupted and I imagine a few of sympathetic towards towards the cause but who actually wants to support people that act like this?

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
emigre said:
Highly doubt what? That Annoymous's actions aren't going ot alienate people? Than look at this thread, people are pissed off their online is being disrupted and I imagine a few of sympathetic towards towards the cause but who actually wants to support people that act like this?

Oooo, a few PSN COD:BO peeps. I shudder at your numbers. I back Anon and the freedom of info people, and you back the legit users. I'd love to argue with you but we'd never get to the end of it. I do see your point of view, obviously, as a user myself. The only thing I disagree with is your comparison of Anon to Terrorists. I think we view what is happening very dfferently, but I do respect you for how staunch you are about your side of this

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
bazamuffin said:
emigre said:

Oooo, a few PSN COD:BO peeps. I shudder at your numbers. I back Anon and the freedom of info people, and you back the legit users. I'd love to argue with you but we'd never get to the end of it. I do see your point of view, obviously, as a user myself. The only thing I disagree with is your comparison of Anon to Terrorists. I think we view what is happening very dfferently, but I do respect you for how staunch you are about your side of this

Actually I play Uncharted and Soul Calibur...

By the way I don't you mean Freedom of information but an open homebrew aplication. I actually think every system should that as it allows for homebrew to be created. What I'm argueing is you can't try and win 'freedom' for a group of people who are comfortable with the present system. And the terroist analogy wasn't about comparing bombs to servers but wheter the means justify the cause, is irritating users who have done nothing wrong legitmaise waht they're doing. And in all honesty I don't punishing people who have done nothing wrong can ever be justified in whatever situation.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the hell? I wasn't defending anyone. I was stating a fact.

The fact being, the PSN wouldn't be down if Sony didn't own it.

Under the premises that it is in fact anonymous who is making the PSN experience down time and the probability that everyone who uses the PSN knows it is in fact anonymous causing the downtime is extremely low, it is making Sony look bad.

Under the premises that Sony is looking bad, there is a high probability that investors (including people paying for their stuff and corporate level investors) have taken note of what has been happening.

By moder fugin modus ponens, anonymous has a high probability of making Sony look bad and a high probability that investors will take note of it.

Once again, mission accomplished?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's hilarious. Sony was acting like the tough guy and asserting their authority by making an example of this guy. Alexander the great would also completely ruin anyone who challenged his authority and built an empire off of people being too scared to fight back. I love the parallels. Then in a great twist of irony, Anon comes along and shows Sony as just a bark, and ultimately, they look weaker than they did from the start. I disagree with Anon but it's still hilarious.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get most of this thread. Legit owners payed for the PS3 and uses the online service, why should they suffer because
of Anon?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn