Hacking Hardware PSA: Your Installer Is Your Resource For Your Modchip Woes

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lot of folks use installers for the various switch modchips. You probs had your handheld and it blank screened in the first week/month, sometimes it's incorrect files on your SD, sometimes it's firmware, and sometimes it's hardware related. My suggestion to those that paid someone to install a modchip, refer to their installers. You don't want to open up your handheld and void any warranty you may have with installer. I know you're eager to get back to homebrew gaming, I also know this community is an amazing resource pool for troubleshooting but if you used an installer save yourself headache, time, and grief. Reach out to the installer without hesitation.

Reactions: Speedy6 and BigOnYa

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, my point being folks are paying a premium for these installs understandably. On the same token, they should expect some warranty and if installer doesn't offer take business elsewhere. As for installers, goes without saying should be offering warranty and support with their installs. Folks are trusting installers with their consoles, gives installers a negative connotation in my view when folks are turning to self diagnosis as their first resort.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol