Hacking Discussion [PSA] SX OS Banwave is here!!!

PECONAUT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone using LayeredFS. I just tested it by going online in Horizon OS. I was able to access the eShop

Didn't download anything just enter it.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping someone can clear up if this process would work, or avoid a console ban:

1. Launch SX OS
2. Open Games to show up on your homescreen
3. Turn off console
4. Launch hekate and clear log
5. Launch OFW and update games
6. Profit?

Obviously this will take some time to discover if a ban happens or not, but perhaps someone has been doing this process the past few days and can speak out?

CapitanSburro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think for now it's best to just run cfw with no saved internet connection and airplane mode on. (also disable error reporting).
not updating games seems the best thing for now.
If we have to go back on ofw, shut down, pull out sd card, and hope no log gets sent to nin servers.

Reactions: Niknukem

slainfu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SX (and other firmwares) should probably try to implement a "Enforce disabled networking stack" togglable option for when you boot into CFW.

That way, if you're the pirating type you could be safe in the knowledge that CFW will never go online. To update a game you'd be forced to boot OFW and download it via the tile and should then be safe...

Well, until Nintendo start logging hashes of cartridge cert modulii to eMMC and quietly begin to report them back.

Still, the ability to enforce network stack disablement in CFW would be desirable for pirates and homebrew guys alike.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reactions: limitz and Ty_

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping someone can clear up if this process would work, or avoid a console ban:

1. Launch SX OS
3. Turn off console
6. Profit?

Obviously this will take some time to discover if a ban happens or not, but perhaps someone has been doing this process the past few days and can speak out?
It depends on how fast Nintendo can dish out bans. There are still many users who use LayeredFS and are not banned not to mention those who have been using SX OS since day one but are not banned as of yet.

Reactions: Maximilious

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

1. Launch SX OS
3. Turn off console
6. Profit?

We also don't know if clearing the error logs with hekate is enough. Developers stated that there might be some information left which can't be deleted with this method.

Poketrekker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would reverting from 5.1.0 to 5.0.2 get rid of logs? I used LayeredFS but only in Flight mode and I have a clean 5.0.2 nand backup from before I messed with LayeredFS...

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If exshop is working then the ban isn't the full CDN ban. There are a lot of degrees, poking the CDN will result in the CDN ban following.

Or they'll just make future bans ban even the CDN.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also given the breath of the bans, I'd say it's really just a matter of thresholds at the moment. There's probably no safe online ''trick".

And thanks to idiots breaking the law and leaking devmenu, those limits and draconian measures will only get closer to the floor.

frankGT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think that little installer that leaves the thumbnail of the game collects a lot of particular info/ids on the cartridge introduced.

So when you update, youre not just sending a simple id only to indentify the game in a general sence... youre sending information regarding the particular cartridge that game is related to, console ids, versions, etc...

So, it doesnt matter if you update via CFW or OFW, the problem is in the information of the cartridge...

When you try to update, you dont simply download files, you log all kinds of information on databases.

With some simple data mining its easy to see the consoles who are updating those BBB releases...

Last edited by frankGT,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)