Hacking (PSA) Stop the Gatehate

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I sold my GW some months ago for $10. The guy who bought it didn't even know what to do with it, then went to a store and got his 3DS modded.
GW really is irrelevant now.

alex61194

Trophies
XP
Country
lel. GW is that far behind, because its literally obsolete.

Gateway isnt efficient - it costs moneys and takes the same amount of time and effort to set up as cfw
CFW works for daily use.
CFW isnt unstable, a9lh is the most stable 3ds entrypoint in existence. It has made the console unbrickable. Luma is fairly stable in my experience. Menuhax is stable too, for the most part
It wasnt the fault of dumb people that they got bricked. It was Gateway's for putting in malicious code.

Name one reason why you should buy a Gateway. One.
atleast sky3ds+ "worth it" cause isnt obsolete and still i wont buy it cause i have cfw

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Go back to your own site, stupid Gateway sales representative. Gateway cards are pieces of shit, along with their entire company. Whether the whole CFW community is just as shitty is a different discussion. Using a Gateway card is dangerous, pointless, and unsafe. Everything that Gateway does, CFW does 3 times better. While it may be true that they were around first, and there is nothing wrong with being grateful for that, they are just flat-out obsolete.

Cheats.

Reactions: Nightwish

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everyone's going on about cheats and NTR CFW being able to do that. but does NTR CFW actually do it good? I'm pretty sure it's the only advantage Gateway has.

no, it's not worth $80 or whatever just to cheat. I don't have nor have I ever used a gateway card.

Reactions: GalladeGuy

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
In my opinion, gateway has made some bad decisions. The brick code was the worst, you cannot justificate that you brick because other companies are using gateway code (MTCard or whatever) when that code is already from others! The same happens with a9lh. Why the fuck gateway's payload only works with gateway bin? They even grabbed code that was meant to be free, modified it so it only works with gateway, and then making it non-free. Those two things are enough for me for not purchasing gateway, (as well as CFW is a free solution). About .3ds loading, it is easy to use/setup and I can't complain about that, but cias are better because they can be installed to home menu, and faster to boot. The 3ds advantages aren't enough for me to buy a 40€ card, when free solutions exist that allow me to use Decrypt9,Bootanim9,etc

Frieren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I do agree I think like myself when you had an O3DS/O3DSXL between 410 - 510 Gateway where like gods back then, know one could have enough good things to say about them but now since the 3ds scene has exploded with CFW no one gives a damn anymore for GW which is a real shame tbh. People need to not forget their routes and without Gateway we would of never had any sort of rom loading back then! I love Gateway and I have always stuck with them, always use my card still, always use emunand, its safe and works.
They are a gods right now, actually. I have two gateway complects and i don't understand all this cfw shitstorm at all. Why the hell this people think that i need to stop use gateaway (which superior in any terms - ds games/cheat engine/drag and drop support .3ds files/etc)? Because they brave enough to use very dangerous downgrading methods for a9lh installation and they think that i must join to party? No, thanks. I have o3ds xl 4.3/n3ds xl 9.2 - both with crystal clean unmodified sysnand. And i don't even plan to touch sysnand. I happy with emunand. And no, a little faster booting is not good enough reason for me to install a9lh.
I joined 3ds scene in 2013 and just a year later i able to make undubs of my favorite games. Thanks to gateway. And i don't get why some people think that i should hate gateway in 2016.
Sorry for my terrible english.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What if I told everyone... you can use A9LH, Gateway, and other CFW, in the same setup
Yep. I use A9LH v2, Luma and Gateway together. Best of both worlds. I mainly use Luma these days because it's more convenient and has more features, but I can quickly boot into Gateway through A9LH if I need to use .3ds files on the cart. It's like having a second MicroSD slot.

Reactions: Thunder Hawk

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Yep. I use A9LH v2, Luma and Gateway together. Best of both worlds. I mainly use Luma these days because it's more convenient and has more features, but I can quickly boot into Gateway through A9LH if I need to use .3ds files on the cart. It's like having a second MicroSD slot.
I'm still only using A9LH v1, since I read that GW doesn't like v2 yet. Is this not the case, or are you using BootCTR9 to wrap the GW payload?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte