Hacking (PSA) Stop the Gatehate

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always had a gateway since the beginning when we were using disk imager to write one ROM at a time and had to switch sdcards to change the games. Even today as I play my n3ds with a9lh and gateway with the same card that's something that is great about the gateway team so much support even for long time customers like myself you don't see that anymore with modchip makers its more of a grab the cash and run kind of deal these days and just by gateway updating there software shows that they care about there customers. I'm glad I bought my gateway card years ago because its still paying off today.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly if you already have a Gateway card I see no reason to not make some use of it. But for me at this point investing in gateway makes absolutely no sense anymore. If you are able to use gateway on your system, then you also have access to exploits that give you the ability to use free community-developed tools to run CFW and install any game you want. Especially with recent apps like freeShop making it easier than ever to download games.
This is just my opinion, but at this point Gateway just isn't worth investing in when free tools can do almost the same thing, and for some things it can do an even better job than gateway.
And with the latest catastrophe that was GW-A9LH (a moment of silence to all the bricks, particularly the New 3ds users) I lose more and more faith in Gateway with their latest software items.
I mean Gateway definitely got the wheels rolling on the 3ds hacking scene, especially with the exploits for 4.5 and lower (mset exploits), but at this point I feel they are trying to play catch-up to the rest of the community.

Edit: Fixing some grammar (you didn't see anything)

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't like gateway, maybe don't go into gateway threads? No that's silly, it's much more useful to go in there and threadshit like an asshole.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0 +1