Hacking (PSA) Stop the Gatehate

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slightly different because the parts would need to be purchased so ford would get some money where as gateways code is stolen for free. Also because cars are supposed to be customizable unlike a cards program which was designed to be run on that one card and if it's run on anything else it's been stolen.

No, it's definitely the same concept and it's not endorsed by Nintendo, so nintendo doesn't get any money from it. It's not being run on anything else, it's other things being run on gateway's emunand that does it, protecting the company by bricking you, yet you still support gateway. Thanks for the null argument though.

Why am I even bothering talking about Gatewait? Curse you GBATemp.

Last edited by Wrathalos,

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's because some people are just cursed to care. Like you would stop a small child from touching the stove. It's a little painful to see people using bad 'solutions' that could hurt them. We just want them to have the best! But they just keep wanting to touch the stove.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it's definitely the same concept and it's not endorsed by Nintendo, so nintendo doesn't get any money from it. It's not being run on anything else, it's other things being run on gateway's emunand that does it, protecting the company by bricking you, yet you still support gateway. Thanks for the null argument though.

If Nintendo were to put a brick code on their device that ONLY activates if you're using a device that only functions to pirate from them (which is pretty much impossible but for the sake of the example) I would have no problem with it. That's what gateway did. If a device is pirating from them it bricks. It's supercards fault for being too lazy to make their own stuff.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gateway haters need banning for the spamming trolls that they are, I mean, honestly, hate Gateway all you want but stop spamming every thread that mentions Gateway with your pointless ramblings, we get it, you hate Gateway, now get over it and fuck off.

Ironic how you at the same time you have an image based on the nazi use of the swastika. Makes one doubt your personality.

NiggomBiggom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never forget the 100 bricked 3DS's thanks to A9LH failures via Gateway.

Also, Gatewait is a meme for a reason. But if you want to go on using an outdated piece of hardware from a company gasping for air in this new, safe A9LH age, no one is stopping you and Gatewait loves you.
i like how you pulled this statistic out of your ass and most likely didn't even read the op. what i'm trying to circumvent here isn't people disliking my precious piece of plastic. it's the endless shitposting that follows suit. and people that shitpost this don't even own the product. criticism is one thing, dank memes and circlejerking is another.

and to make this even worse, you act like people haven't bricked using free conventional methods either. everything has its faults, but not everything is deserving of unrealistic rumors dumb statistics and blatant misconceptions. gatehate on gbatemp is like a game of telephone. one person starts off and by the end the line the word is so twisted and warped that no one even knows what the original was.

Last edited by NiggomBiggom,

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i like how you pulled this statistic out of your ass and most likely didn't even read the op. what i'm trying to circumvent here isn't people disliking my precious piece of plastic. it's the endless shitposting that follows suit. and people that shitpost this don't even own the product. criticism is one thing, dank memes and circlejerking is another.

Actually I did read your gigantic tirade about people that try to tell you what's wrong with gateway being "shitposters", so you can thank me for reading it. The fact it's a "precious piece of plastic" to you is exactly the reason you're blind to anyone stating any issues with it. I didn't pull that "statistic" out of my ass, it was obviously an estimation based on the multiple threads after it's public release. It's highly unlikely exactly 100 3DS's were bricked. Anyways, EmperorOfCanada said it best:

It's because some people are just cursed to care. Like you would stop a small child from touching the stove. It's a little painful to see people using bad 'solutions' that could hurt them. We just want them to have the best! But they just keep wanting to touch the stove.

If you want to continue being ignorant on the fact, please, continue your tirade as GBATemp is known for it's lemmings and you'll only be a statistic yourself.

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Thanks for the info! Sorry if it seemed I was attacking you cause I genuinely didn't know if they said whether it was gateways or not. In that case most people who bought it were probable aware of what gateway is but I still wouldn't blame the user. Most people are buying this card to pirate in the first place and won't care if some of the code is stolen, and some little kids might see this and not know what gateway is. I think SC is at fault. Even though I really don't like gateway I feel they have a right to protect their product from being stolen. Gateway is at fault for any bricked consoles that only used their product though.
People who bought sc dstwo plus because it's 2 in 1 card
and they have faith in SC team because of the original DStwo.
i think the price was the same as GW card when it's released.

NiggomBiggom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I did read your gigantic tirade about people that try to tell you what's wrong with gateway being "shitposters", so you can thank me for reading it. The fact it's a "precious piece of plastic" to you is exactly the reason you're blind to anyone stating any issues with it. I didn't pull that "statistic" out of my ass, it was obviously an estimation based on the multiple threads after it's public release. It's highly unlikely exactly 100 3DS's were bricked. Anyways, EmperorOfCanada said it best:

If you want to continue being ignorant on the fact, please, continue your tirade as GBATemp is known for it's lemmings and you'll only be a statistic yourself.
ok, first of all, "precious piece of plastic" was obviously a joke. but that's besides the point. i am extremely in support of people who have valid criticisms towards the card. i am aware of all these problems, the thing is, people aren't bringing up the important issues. a good chunk of people's hate towards gateway consists of "brick code, something about drm, obsolete dongle, stolen code, etc." most people hear about these from others, who hear about these from others. it's easy to twist up and misconstrue where the actual problem lies. my 'tirade' wasn't meant to get people to use gateway or preach why people should use it. i came to address the misconceptions, clear things up, and set people on the right track. i even talked about some things that gateway does wrong in it. ultimately, if the op was read, and understood, i'd expect you to see that i'm not nitpicking on people who say literally anything negative about gateway. i took the popular misconceptions, er, opinions, addressed them, and then explained why everyone is saying all this bullhonkey for the wrong reasons.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States

Since when was something labeled as a "private beta" and "use at your own risk" a public release?

Gateway hasn't caused bricks with official releases for its own users in years.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since when was something labeled as a "private beta" and "use at your own risk" a public release?

Gateway hasn't caused bricks with official releases for its own users in years.
I guarantee you if Microsoft released a poorly designed OS update labelled "use at your own risk" and it wiped hard drives nobody would defend them.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
I guarantee you if Microsoft released a poorly designed OS update labelled "use at your own risk" and it wiped hard drives nobody would defend them.
When anyone publishes such a "private beta" labeled "use at your own risk", the only ones that are supposed to use it are the ones that don't care if something goes wrong. For an OS, they'd reinstall it. For the 3DS, they'd use their hard mods to restore from backup.

It's for this reason Microsoft says "not for every day use" in their previews, because everyone knows something could go wrong.

*cough* Windows vista *cough*
Windows Vista didn't cause bricks. They also fixed it, but nobody noticed.

Last edited by evandixon,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Plug another stick in your stick