• The user, not using an open sorce CFW

Votes: 147 38.0%

• Total voters

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does that even mean? CONSUMER GOT WARNED? Am i warned about what kind of mobile phone not to buy? Car, computer, laptop, 3ds. CONSUMER GOT WARNED? Please explain!
Today we are very proud to present a new firmware update: GATEWAY ULTRA 3.5!

Summary:
* Cheat code support
* Updated emunand support for 10.3 for Old 3DS

We’ve heard your prayers and here it is! Cheat code support for GATEWAY 3DS!

First things first. Our current cheat library is very small and should be
considered more as a proof of concept than anything else. We need you,
cheat hackers and cheaters around the globe to hack us some cool codes.

How, you ask us? That is a question we will soon answer, STAY TUNED.
icon_smile.gif

And as always, support the innovators not the imitators and ENJOY!

PS: We have noticed some serious and dangerous flaws in an unofficial Gateway emulation plugin,
and we strongly urge to cease using this plugin and only use GENUINE Gateway! You have been warned!

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Today we are very proud to present a new firmware update: GATEWAY ULTRA 3.5!

Summary:
* Cheat code support
* Updated emunand support for 10.3 for Old 3DS

We’ve heard your prayers and here it is! Cheat code support for GATEWAY 3DS!

First things first. Our current cheat library is very small and should be
considered more as a proof of concept than anything else. We need you,
cheat hackers and cheaters around the globe to hack us some cool codes.

How, you ask us? That is a question we will soon answer, STAY TUNED.
icon_smile.gif

And as always, support the innovators not the imitators and ENJOY!

PS: We have noticed some serious and dangerous flaws in an unofficial Gateway emulation plugin,
and we strongly urge to cease using this plugin and only use GENUINE Gateway! You have been warned!

You are really not getting the point................
Do you think everyone who bought sctwo+ are from gbatemp or any flashcart related websites? If yes, i think gatecrap and scteam would generate much income from it..... I think the CONSUMER you are refering are less than 10% of the total buyers. SO please understand~!

EDIT: nintencap has post about a direct on 15 december, all consumers directly know that there will be a direct on 15 december. please understand

Last edited by Wekker,

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are really not getting the point................
Do you think everyone who bought sctwo+ are from gbatemp or any flashcart related websites? If yes, i think gatecrap and scteam would generate much income from it..... I think the CONSUMER you are refering are less than 10% of the total buyers. SO please understand~!
Then don't you think scteam would be obligated to warn there customers about the "dangerous flaws" in their plugin. Of course not if they told people like they should have no one in hell would buy their card.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It doesnt matter where theyre from, what matters is that they need the GW .dat fille to run the plugin, so they had to download it from GWs site. So yeah, its the users fault for not reading up a little bit before hacking their console.

Reactions: lemanuel

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It doesnt matter where theyre from, what matters is that they need the GW .dat fille to run the plugin, so they had to download it from GWs site. So yeah, its the users fault for not reading up a little bit before hacking their console.

Please state who are THEY? Do you think that if someone is going to buy something, that person will 100% search up on internet about that product? For example someone is going to buy a washmachin of some certain brand, so that person did researched everything about that product before going to buy.

In your post you are saying that every buyers of sctwo+ know it. In the reality the every buyers in you post are just the miniority of the total amount who bought the sctwo+

Last edited by Wekker,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Please state who are THEY? Do you think that if someone is going to buy something, that person will 100% search up on internet about that product? For example someone is going to buy a washmachin of some certain brand, so that person did researched everything about that product before going to buy.

In your post you are saying that every buyers of sctwo+ know it. In the reality the every buyers in you post are just the miniority of the total amount who bought the sctwo+
if your old enough to buy a flashcard your old enough to admit you bought a fake and your old enough to deal with the consequences......if you cant then stop playing with dodgy third part products and buy legit games

bloody hell the way some people are acting you would think gateway installed their brick code in pacemakers

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if your old enough to buy a flashcard your old enough to admit you bought a fake and your old enough to deal with the consequences......if you cant then stop playing with dodgy third part products and buy legit games

bloody hell the way some people are acting you would think gateway installed their brick code in pacemakers

100% disagree, the first time i bought my flashcart, i did not need to install anything. everything was preinstalled. All i had to do was, stating what game i want. I didn't even know what it does at the first sign, until the shopstaff shown it to me. Believe me i am not the only one.

Your presumption is correct about thos who do know WEBSITES like gbatemp. BUTT the true is that there are enough people in this world who do not know it and still get in touch with flashcarts.

Last edited by Wekker,

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Well really it doesnt matter, if you want to "emulate" the DSTWO + you need the launcher.dat file from GWs site, and you can see a clear warning on their site not to use it on clones. So yeah its the buyers fault, but even more SCs.

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well really it doesnt matter, if you want to "emulate" the DSTWO + you need the launcher.dat file from GWs site, and you can see a clear warning on their site not to use it on clones. So yeah its the buyers fault, but even more SCs.

It is just too much for me to explain those who can't think outside the box. I already said, those people who knows the danger are just the miniority of the total sctwo+ users. Let me spell it for you. ASSUMED in this world, there is one person who didn't need to download gatecrap launcher for his/her sctwo+ flashcart anywhere, because it is preinstalled already. Is it his fault for not going to the wbsite of gatecrap to check if they have warned them or not?

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My opinion of this whole bricking fiasco:

It's still just a mere rumor since not even a single reputable member of GBATemp bricked their 3DS.

IF it's true, then I believe both Gateway and SuperCard are at fault. Gateway being at fault for just intentionally bricking the user's 3DS, they could've just bricked the flashcart itself instead. These extreme measures are unnecessary since it still ruins their reputation and bricking so many misinformed people, who do not know anything about cloning or Gateway. For this reason, I never bought a Gateway despite having an exploitable 3DS all along until CFWs were a thing and installed it. SuperCard for just cloning the cart. I can't believe they spent so much time RE Gateway's launcher and they just came up with a plugin, how idiotic.. Honestly, I only feel bad for the users, especially those who are misinformed. I despise companies that profit from piracy anyways.

Gateway to me is dead. It's nice of them they're still releasing updates since CFW did render Gateway obsolete, as you can still pirate without shelling out money. Yes it may not be as practical as Gateway, but it's not really worth it at this stage.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
100% disagree, the first time i bought my flashcart, i did not need to install anything. everything was preinstalled. All i had to do was, stating what game i want. I didn't even know what it does at the first sign, until the shopstaff shown it to me. Believe me i am not the only one.

Your presumption is correct about thos who do know WEBSITES like gbatemp. BUTT the true is that there are enough people in this world who do not know it and still get in touch with flashcarts.
well then there is a steep learning curve and im sure you wouldnt make the same mistake next time, the simple fact is, that flashcards are the seedy underworld, and its silly to rush in all uninformed like a naive child....im sure many naive children do rush in and get stung by fake flashcard sellers, people overselling a item, or selling known shitty products, its common for re-sellers to sell shitty cards and act like they are so much better as they get a higher return by selling a clone than a legit card........its only once you get stung once that you realize that that guy selling you a flashcard is not your "fwashcard fwends" he is a shady guy trying to make money selling dodgy goods, treat him accordingly, same goes for the website of the card you plan to buy, they will never say "hey our card is a clone, we are cheap and lazy and dont really know what we are going, but we are cheaper so i guess thats a positive....anyway buy our card please"

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It is just too much for me to explain those who can't think outside the box. I already said, those people who knows the danger are just the miniority of the total sctwo+ users. Let me spell it for you. ASSUMED in this world, there is one person who didn't need to download gatecrap launcher for his/her sctwo+ flashcart anywhere, because it is preinstalled already. Is it his fault for not going to the wbsite of gatecrap to check if they have warned them or not?

Jesus Christ. So lets say youre buying a DSTWO+ and you set it up and so on, and you get to the part where it says go to gateway-3ds.com and download their launcher. So you go to their site and you literally see written with those huge ass letters THE PREMIER FLASH CARD FOR 3DS! so you think to yourself wait a minute, am I using the files from a card that has nothing to do with mine, let me take a closer look and bam - "PS: We have noticed some serious and dangerous flaws in an unofficial Gateway emulation plugin, and we strongly urge to cease using this plugin and only use GENUINE Gateway! You have been warned!" you get to see this baby. Now who in their right mind would continue after this. I mean really? 3 people got bricked and I can bet my right arm that all 3 of them knew exactly what they were doing. Making excuses that its "gatecraps" fault is beyond foolish here. The only ones at fault here are the users for not taking half an hour to research their shit before hacking their $200 console and SC for not providing a safe plugin file. I mean its not like you werent warned and the poll sure as hell is not lying right?

And to answer your question, its not his fault, the one who sold him the console with everything pre-installed is to blame.

For instance Im currently in the process of selling my 3DS with GW installed and it has the downgraded MSET. It would be foolish of me not to warn him not to format the System since it will brick the console due to the downgraded MSET, and even more of him blaming GW for the stuff I installed on my console and didnt gave proper instructions.

But hey, your "hate" towards GW is clouding your judgement and youre not thinking straight. Think of it as in this way; if someone were to steal your money constantly, would you punch him or let him have his way. Not hard to understand right?

Last edited by guitarheroknight,
Reactions: Deleted-236924
D

Deleted-236924

Jesus Christ. So lets say youre buying a DSTWO+ and you set it up and so on, and you get to the part where it says go to gateway-3ds.com and download their launcher. So you go to their site and you literally see written with those huge ass letters THE PREMIER FLASH CARD FOR 3DS! so you think to yourself wait a minute, am I using the files from a card that has nothing to do with mine, let me take a closer look and bam - "PS: We have noticed some serious and dangerous flaws in an unofficial Gateway emulation plugin, and we strongly urge to cease using this plugin and only use GENUINE Gateway! You have been warned!" you get to see this baby. Now who in their right mind would continue after this. I mean really? 3 people got bricked and I can bet my right arm that all 3 of them knew exactly what they were doing. Making excuses that its "gatecraps" fault is beyond foolish here. The only ones at fault here are the users for not taking half an hour to research their shit before hacking their $200 console and SC for not providing a safe plugin file. I mean its not like you werent warned and the poll sure as hell is not lying right?

And to answer your question, its not his fault, the one who sold him the console with everything pre-installed is to blame.

For instance Im currently in the process of selling my 3DS with GW installed and it has the downgraded MSET. It would be foolish of me not to warn him not to format the System since it will brick the console due to the downgraded MSET, and even more of him blaming GW for the stuff I installed on my console and didnt gave proper instructions.

But hey, your "hate" towards GW is clouding your judgement and youre not thinking straight. Think of it as in this way; if someone were to steal your money constantly, would you punch him or let him have his way. Not hard to understand right?
Does downgraded MSET really soft-brick the console every time and not just 4.x MSET on 2DSes?

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
For anyone interested or curious about bricking there 3ds , I'm sending a 3ds and a dstwo+ card to @gamesquest1 tomorrow he can do as many tests on it as he likes as I'm curious too. I can't do it as I'm unable to unbrick it if it does brick. I brought the dstwo+ to use both ds and 3ds games together and was completely aware that gateway would do the bricking code in a future update I even posted somewhere on a thread someone made about gateway being dead and I said there making there next launcher bulletproof and pulling out the brick code again. I own gateway too but for the pure convenience of having both ds and 3ds on one card was exciting. So if @gamesquest1 can test the safe plugin 1.03 to let me know he deems it safe and use at your own will I would be happy to carry on using it and to test the "reported" unsafe ones that would be great.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.