Hacking [PSA]DSiware downgrade can be done with hyperbanned 3DS as a source

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious about this too, I have a new Black Friday 3DS that I'd like to downgrade using Dsiwarehax, but I'm worried about the ban transferring from my O3DS. I system formatted the o3DS and have eShop access again, and opening System Transfer does actually get me to the Send/Receive screen, so I can system transfer.

I've just seen so many reports of transferring from a banned console resulting in the unbanned console receiving the ban, so I haven't tried this yet.

@fodder, was your target system already modified before you did the system transfer? If not, what steps did you take to prepare the device, any editing of SecureInfo and the like? I am legitimately curious, because if this works, I can stop waiting for slowhax to arrive. (I know I'm being impatient :P)

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious about this too, I have a new Black Friday 3DS that I'd like to downgrade using Dsiwarehax, but I'm worried about the ban transferring from my O3DS. I system formatted the o3DS and have eShop access again, and opening System Transfer does actually get me to the Send/Receive screen, so I can system transfer.

I've just seen so many reports of transferring from a banned console resulting in the unbanned console receiving the ban, so I haven't tried this yet.

@fodder, was your target system already modified before you did the system transfer? If not, what steps did you take to prepare the device, any editing of SecureInfo and the like? I am legitimately curious, because if this works, I can stop waiting for slowhax to arrive. (I know I'm being impatient :P)
No, my target step was completely stock, had just set it up from unpackaging it like 30 min before I did the transfer

But what I did on source system was:

Modded SecureInfo_A
Blank NNIDSave
Used that Luma Nanquitas/PF2M patch with a different fake DeviceID (I doubt this honestly did anything, just used it just in case, switched out 1234 for something else)

Last edited by fodder,

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, my target step was completely stock, had just set it up from unpackaging it like 30 min before I did the transfer

But what I did on source system was:

Modded SecureInfo_A
Blank NNIDSave
Used that Luma Nanquitas/PF2M patch with a different fake DeviceID (I doubt this honestly did anything, just used it just in case, switched out 1234 for something else)
Hey could you link me to that because I need it to get steel divers for the the downgrade

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey could you link me to that because I need it to get steel divers for the the downgrade
You can't get it if you're NNID banned, they patched the Luma Nanquitas/PF2M thing, so you can't add a NNID, only reason I decided to try it was to circumvent a 2812 error that may happen when doing the sys transfer (I dont think it actually does so it was pointless), you're going to have to use a different Homebrew entrypoint, I used browserhax for 11.0

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't get it if you're NNID banned, they patched the Luma Nanquitas/PF2M thing, so you can't add a NNID, only reason I decided to try it was to circumvent a 2812 error that may happen when doing the sys transfer (I dont think it actually does so it was pointless), you're going to have to use a different Homebrew entrypoint, I used browserhax for 11.0
how would I do that on 11.00?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wont it throw you an error if you don't update.

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're not able to do things with your router like run commands, and don't have access to a rooted Android phone which can use itself as a mobile hotspot, you probably won't be able to do it. It's a bit difficult/annoying to do even after having all of the needed things, it's a lot of trial and error. I'm also not sure if it works on O3DS.

https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/c...wserhax_on_the_first/?st=IW8ZZQTP&sh=545adbb3

Wont it throw you an error if you don't update.
Yes it'll throw you an error, which is why you set up ctr-httpwn on the target system before transferring

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're not able to do things with your router like run commands, and don't have access to a rooted Android phone which can use itself as a mobile hotspot, you probably won't be able to do it. It's a bit difficult/annoying to do even after having all of the needed things, it's a lot of trial and error. I'm also not sure if it works on O3DS.

https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/c...wserhax_on_the_first/?st=IW8ZZQTP&sh=545adbb3

Yes it'll throw you an error, which is why you set up ctr-httpwn on the target system before transferring
OK thanks

FlameTakuya

Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
hi guys quick question (found this topic while googling around)

i fixed 002 ban with LFCS, but i'm still left with 022-2812

will i be able to system transfer from my 022 console to a new console on cfw without getting blocked?

or will the 022-2812 error pop up?

just trying to transfer all my games and pokemon bank and nnid etc to a fresh new console. will it work?

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys quick question (found this topic while googling around)

i fixed 002 ban with LFCS, but i'm still left with 022-2812

will i be able to system transfer from my 022 console to a new console on cfw without getting blocked?

or will the 022-2812 error pop up?

just trying to transfer all my games and pokemon bank and nnid etc to a fresh new console. will it work?
You don't get the error when system transferring for whatever reason, but not sure how the nnid transfer & whatnot works, I've always transferred without one.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't get the error when system transferring for whatever reason, but not sure how the nnid transfer & whatnot works, I've always transferred without one.
I thought you needed to inject a modefied secure info A and blank nnid save or use modded luma to do a transfer?

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought you needed to inject a modefied secure info A and blank nnid save or use modded luma to do a transfer?
Nope, you can do it with stock SecureInfo_A, not sure about nnidsave, but you can probably keep your nnidsave on the system, not positive though.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh crud I removed my nnid save and killed my four swords for nothing!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
You can't transfer with an NNID attached if your console is banned from NNID services (022-2812). If you have an NNID, it will ask you to log in to it, and that will throw the 022-2812 in your face and stop your transfer. Sorry, your Four Swords won't be useful, go get SUDOKU for $2.

I'd recommend modifying your serial in SecureInfo_A before buying it and doing the transfer, assuming you don't want the ban to move over with the transfer.

Last edited by Cuphat,
Reactions: fodder

Wojton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No, all that modded Luma does is using a different Localfriendseed_B (which was publicly available). This solution only lasted for a short while before that seed got banned too. To bypass the ban, you need to unlink your console from NNID (by injecting a blank nnidsave.bin), modifying SecureInfo_A and injecting unbanned Localfriendseed (and not sharing it publicly, so that it doesn't get banned).

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, all that modded Luma does is using a different Localfriendseed_B (which was publicly available). This solution only lasted for a short while before that seed got banned too. To bypass the ban, you need to unlink your console from NNID (by injecting a blank nnidsave.bin), modifying SecureInfo_A and injecting unbanned Localfriendseed (and not sharing it publicly, so that it doesn't get banned).
The modified Luma had nothing to do with LocalFriendCodeSeed_B, it was Luma with these memory modifications built in to try to spoof your Device-ID.

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I already have two 3DSes with custom firmware. One of them is banned. Right now, neither has an NNID linked to it. (I unlinked my original NNID on my banned console so I could use the eShop.)

If I do a system transfer from the banned 3DS to the one that isn't banned, would it let me link my original NNID to the destination 3DS, assuming the ban doesn't transfer?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo