james-london

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Hope you are all well. I have read through the forum trying to find some help, and thought I would post to see if any of you can point me in the right direction. I have a PS5 Digital which is not powering up. Pressing the power button gives me nothing - no beep (no even after multiple presses).

Checking with my multimeter, have all voltages where they should be - PSU is good, I have 5v, I have 3.3v - i have checked in diode mode for shorts, and even with a thermal camera and cannot find any faults EXCEPT when I press the power button i do NOT get the 1v "switch on" line on the circuit to the left hand side of the motherboard near the Dialog IC (there are no shorts near the Dialog IC).

Has anyone experienced this before? Any help would be very much appreciated....

Thanks in advance...

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
EXCEPT when I press the power button i do NOT get the 1v "switch on" line on the circuit to the left hand side of the motherboard near the Dialog IC (there are no shorts near the Dialog IC).
Check if that ic got what it requires to work.
No beeps normally tends to southbridge or standby line short

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you know where can i find a working dump file of the winbond spi for a PS5?, disc version EDM 010 motherboard, thanks in advance.
I'm curious about this as well. I've seen this flashing process done before on some random repair videos. But I'm curious where they even obtain that dump in the first place. Are they the same on all systems so you can just pull it from one, and have a working copy for future?

Avinitlarge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm curious about this as well. I've seen this flashing process done before on some random repair videos. But I'm curious where they even obtain that dump in the first place. Are they the same on all systems so you can just pull it from one, and have a working copy for future?
I’ve got most dumps on my PC. I need to add them to my one drive.
I’ve done a couple now, easy job and good money to be made on the repair.

Reactions: FiXiNGA and simoti

Kishz27

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ive just done one, bios was corrupt.
Hello, I have no beep and no light since I damaged the ribbon between motherboard and light board. Now the connector leading to the light board has 2.46V but the connector leading to the power switch is 0V same as yours. I'm wondering if BIOS is corrupted and do you mind sharing how you fixed BIOS corrupt?

FiXiNGA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I need a dump for an CFI 1116A with EDM 020. Can you provide a working one?
Post automatically merged:

Weird is, that the PS5 sometime starts and wants a update. But the update is not starting and after it shuts down it then has a 2 sec BLOD. One press is only beep no light and after then sec it is a beep with 2 sec blod. This is doing it the whole time then.
Post automatically merged:

I used an Bios from another EDM 20 Donor but then ended in a pulsing BLOD. So it seems that the BiOS is my problem

Last edited by FiXiNGA,

WayTrevor

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey there! It sounds like you've done some thorough troubleshooting. Not getting that 1v "switch on" line is indeed a concern. Have you tried reaching out to Sony support or any local repair experts? They might have more insights. Good luck with the fix! 🎮🛠️

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr