Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
https://hackerone.com/reports/1379975

This is probably the part ya'll care about :P
[HIGH][PS4] [PS5] Vulnerability 5
The UDF driver https://github.com/williamdevries/UDF is used on the PS4 and PS5 which contains a buffer overflow. An attacker can make the size inf_len larger than sector_size (the assumption of internal allocation is that the data is smaller than the sector size) and cause an overflow with memcpy().
Impact
With these vulnerabilities, it is possible to ship pirated games on bluray discs. That is possible even without a kernel exploit as we have JIT capabilities.

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this be released soon? or.. they just showing us for shits and giggles?
Now what needs to be done is a way of shipping the exploit in a package. Chances are it's pretty jank at the moment.

This exploit has Kernal R/W but a lot more goes into than just that.

EDIT: The exploit has been disclosed since Oct 2021, and flow has already gotten their bag from it. At the end of the day though, it's up to him to release it, or let someone release it (because it's disclosed.)

Tere Valentin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So to my understanding, a BD burner is required to buy along with the BD-RE discs.

If I managed to get a BD burner/Bluray player combo device, I asume it still cant be used on the digital ps5 to write/play games from it while its plugged into ps5-digital.
I have 2 PS5s. One disc ver for gaming, one digital ver for jailbreak.

I plan on selling the digital ver if BD writing/playing combo mentioned above doesnt work. Then get myself a sealed ps5 disc ver from a reliable source.

What I wanna know is, is a BD burner still needed while owning a sealed disc-ver-ps5?

Tere Valentin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, essentially, you're writing the games to the disc. Thats the reason why it's required.
Understandable. Thanks for the clarification.

Another question. Anyone by chance know what Firmware the Horizon Forbidden West console bundle (USA ver) has out of the box?

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Understandable. Thanks for the clarification.

Another question. Anyone by chance know what Firmware the Horizon Forbidden West console bundle (USA ver) has out of the box?

I really don't want to turn this into a speculation thread but for Horizon, the base FW for the PS5 edition to play it is 4.50.
According to the following reddit post, if you got it from a recent PS Direct its 4.50... But some of them are coming with 5.00.

grubgrub

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
How many fps?
1655074533391.png

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I really don't want to turn this into a speculation thread but for Horizon, the base FW for the PS5 edition to play it is 4.50.
According to the following reddit post, if you got it from a recent PS Direct its 4.50... But some of them are coming with 5.00.
I got a bare CFI-1116A in the uk in April which has 4.50....
So I guess I'm outta luck (for now)

Reactions: schatzi24

wiremajik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have about 10 Verbatim 25gb discs left from like 5-10 years ago, wonder if they are still good. been sitting in a spindle. wonder if 50gb discs will be needed. time to dig out my blue ray burner!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show