PS5 EDM-10 crash after replacement of decoder

seroga1988

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, I am currently trying to repair a PS5. Unfortunately, I've lost my way and can't get any further. Maybe you can help me.
When I got the PS5, it only gives a beep when I pressed the power button, otherwise nothing happened.

After replacing a blown F7003 and decoder, the console started to boot normally.
Ones the PS5 boots normally up to the dash board it takes about 30-60 seconds until the display disappears and the light changes from white to blue.
After a few seconds the console turns off completely.
Approximately every 5 attempts the display does not disappear but the picture turns green and there is a continuous beeping from the speakers until the console switches off a few seconds later.

I don't need to start any application for the console to crash, it's enough to remain at the dash board.
There are no crashes in safe mode. I was able to completely reinstall the firmware without any problems. However, it did not help.

I have the feeling that some component is defective and overheating and I can't figure out which one.
As the fan does not run at full power even during the crash, it does not appear to be a problem with the APU overheating.
I have examined the upper side of the mainboard with a thermal camera.
But didn't notice any irregularities except for two things.
The WIFI board has a temperature of just over 40 degrees celisius.
And a voltage regulator labelled 504x has a temperature of over 50 degrees celisius.
But that could also be okay.

It would be great if someone had an idea.
Screenshot 2024-01-10 153624.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto