1. subcon959

OP subcon959 teh retro

[​IMG]

The new PS5 DualSense controllers have enhanced haptic feedback, and while this is a game changing new tech, a lot of people were concerned how the adaptive triggers would hold up under long term use. Well, it turns out some don't even hold up after a few days use. There are already multiple reports on reddit of people with broken R2 triggers after heavy gaming sessions on COD and Astro's Playroom, both games that use the resistance feature in the trigger mechanism that forces you to use extra pressure to hold it down. There is no indication that this is a widespread issue yet but enough people have reported it that it should raise some concern for Sony.

Last edited by subcon959, Nov 26, 2020
    Scott_pilgrim and peteruk like this.
  2. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    and this is why you do not get a console at launch now. now instead of doing what nintendo does which is absolute fuck all to fix it. get it fixed sony and while your at it release the controllers in black.

Henx, Glyptofane, IC_ and 2 others like this.
  3. linkinworm

linkinworm GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

controllers were already easy to break with heavy usage, add in a plastic gear that the user fights against and yeah its going to break

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  4. Vilagamer999

Vilagamer999 <|°_°|>

United Kingdom
    Lets just hope sony offers a free repair service, like all good companies should.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Thought it was "already breaking sales records"

I read the DualShock 5 controller is great although I said the same about the Switch Pro Controller. Too bad the Switch Pro Controller just sorta.. exists. And it has no analog triggers.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It's crazy how people are so desperate to buy the newest PlayStation and Xbox. In U.K., they're going batshit insane over PS5 and I thought they were going through a "mess" like the rest of us, guess not.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/ps5-pre-order-info-thread-subscribe-3544651

6. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    To be fair the dual shocks have always come broken. They're fucking awfully designed. Might as well be broken.

You don't get something because .01% of consoles sold have issues?
    Jesus christ you must wait a long time to buy tech. I assume you're still waiting for an NES to release that can never have defects?

Scott_pilgrim and CallmeBerto like this.
  7. fvig2001

fvig2001 GBAtemp Fan

Philippines
    I hope they improve the design since I probably would get the controller for other consoles in the future. I kind of want to see if people ended up breaking the board like I did with my PS2 controller (board snapped in 2 when I was just sorting items in Final Fantasy).

Hopefully it works well with a Titan Two so I can use it for other consoles in the future.

8. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    I have also seen a fair few people who's DualSense controller's refuse to charge. And then there is the rest mode issue ect. As others have said never a good idea to buy day 1

9. replicashooter

replicashooter GBAtemp Maniac

10. subcon959

OP subcon959 teh retro

Someone decided to open the controller up instead of sending it in to Sony and found that the problem was a little spring had popped out of position. Since most of the descriptions of the trigger issue are the same this could be the common issue. I have my doubts about the longevity of such a tiny spring, it seems like it would eventually snap. I'm not really concerned about the plastic fingers of the gears (unless they used the same plastic as in the PC Engine CDROM!).

Last edited by subcon959, Nov 27, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - controllers, breaking, already