PS5 Compatibility with WINDOWS 10 usb drvie?

Arch Feline

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a compatible usb external drive, Buffalo SSD-PG500. I am planning to trade on Elden Ring and I want to have my own copy of my backup and I want to transfer stuff with my PC. I just now reading the guide.

It says that formatting this USB drive makes it incompatible with my PC. I am going to ask Buffalo about it but I am wondering if someone here knows a work around. My current PC is an older model Lenovo Yoga Pro 2 which is running WIN 10.

Is the PS5 at all compatible with WIN10 peripherals?

Arch Feline

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Offloading saves to a PC via usb drive is not possible? I hope it is possible but I can cry and move on. Can I even use the drive to create a composite of files. I am playing Elden Ring which only gives you one save and I want to have more than one on my external drive even if I cannot use it for anything else (while I am playing Elden Ring).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I'm not understanding. I'm pretty sure a ps5 formatted drive will show as unallocated data on the pc. I tested this on the series x, which is likely identical to the ps5. If you have the ps5 version of elden ring, then you can't even export the save unless you do a system backup, which should allow you to backup only the saves. It's the only way to get ps5 saves off the system.

coffinbirth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Offloading saves to a PC via usb drive is not possible? I hope it is possible but I can cry and move on. Can I even use the drive to create a composite of files. I am playing Elden Ring which only gives you one save and I want to have more than one on my external drive even if I cannot use it for anything else (while I am playing Elden Ring).
You can sort of do this, but it's a pain...take all of the things on your internal drive and dump them to external, power off and unplug external. Grab a flashdrive (larger than the save files )that you are prepared to devote to this cause and plug it in, fire up PS5, format flashdrive and go to "Back Up and Restore" and go to "Back Up PS5" and dump your saves to the flashdrive. Now you'll have those saves separate from your other ones once you dump the external back over to internal after powering down and removing flashdrive.

Arch Feline

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can sort of do this, but it's a pain...take all of the things on your internal drive and dump them to external, power off and unplug external. Grab a flashdrive (larger than the save files )that you are prepared to devote to this cause and plug it in, fire up PS5, format flashdrive and go to "Back Up and Restore" and go to "Back Up PS5" and dump your saves to the flashdrive. Now you'll have those saves separate from your other ones once you dump the external back over to internal after powering down and removing flashdrive.
I think that I can make this work. I only need to do it for this game, Elden Ring. thank you.

This did not work at all the way that I had in mind bu-ut I guess it works. Backing up - restoring is an all or nothing. I can limit it to save data and I am playing no other game so this will do what I want. If I was playing more than one game, then in order to load the Elden Ring save from a specific day I would have to first back up my other game saves to the cloud, turn off auto sync restore Elden Ring from the external hard drive an then restore the other games from cloud. And this is assuming this would work.

Luckily I am only playing Elden Ring so it will work. thanks again.

Last edited by Arch Feline,
Reactions: coffinbirth

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@