USB File System is Unsupported

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it actually uses the same formatting method as the ps4 afaik, because someone was able to install a ps5 game to the external hdd, then examine what's going on with the format on the ps4. there's now four packages you have to install instead of one.
That's if the formatting of the internal hdd (or ssd) is the same as the external hdd formatting.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's if the formatting of the internal hdd (or ssd) is the same as the external hdd formatting.
the format can be read on either ps5 or ps4, because I think sony didn't want users to have issues with redownloading their entire library unlike Nintendo, where it requires formatting and redownloading of all data. Nintendo should've just had the stuff linked to your account where it's tied to one system, then allow you to reuse the micro sd cards. with my data cap, I had to redownload everything, which took two months. I have used like 78% of this second month, so I had to disable/shutdown sonarr.

Reactions: CoolMe

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if he can fix it with the first 64 byte of the drive.
he can, but I think the problem is going to be using a separate drive not equal in size as the original, considering the size of the drive is like the third hex string, I believe. I messed around with it a bit in HxD. if you fuck it up, usually you can fix it with test disk.

Reactions: Hayato213

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he can, but I think the problem is going to be using a separate drive not equal in size as the original, considering the size of the drive is like the third hex string, I believe. I messed around with it a bit in HxD. if you fuck it up, usually you can fix it with test disk.

He did said 8TB so that ain't going to be cheap to fix.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
indeed, I think those sd card fakes are probably altered in HxD or something to show as 1TB, when that won't even fit on the drive.
SD cards have a microcontroller that communicates with the flash and tells the host what size is on the card, it can't be modified through a hex editor. Here's a good talk that maybe interesting to you hopefully.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm going to concentrate on my game for now, so there will be fewer posts from me for today. just feeling a little burned out after so many compilations. the newest linux version of sm64 will not run on my computer via wsl2. it's a common problem though, even happened with the dreamcast build, so I need someone who has native linux to test it. I know my sonic mania for linux works, but it will not work with wsl2. none of my linux builds will.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I didnt format it, nor did i create a file system on it or anything. Just chose to treat it as GPT
That will have written to it, overwriting important data.
SD cards have a microcontroller that communicates with the flash and tells the host what size is on the card, it can't be modified through a hex editor. Here's a good talk that maybe interesting to you hopefully.
You wouldn't normally just use a hex editor.

Nakamichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it may be possible using clonezilla iirc. you'll have to clone the drive on to another drive, then inject sector 0 of the hdd after having been formatted by the ps5. I don't know for sure if this works, but that's the basic rundown of how to fix this with the ps3.
So... managed to get my hands on an 8TB HDD of the same make and model. Thankfully.
Would you, by any chance know, how one would go about this?

I would imagine format new HDD on PS5, connect to pc, dump sector, connect old HDD, inject sector.

Which tools would be capable of something like this and what would you recommend?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: