Hacking [PS4] The 7.02 webkit exploit has been released !

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I hope Persona 5 Royale eventually becomes playable and is stable (even though I already played through P5 and watched all the new content on Youtube)..

HitchensRIP

Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
never tried a different region update. I dumped all my games with their respective patches, so now new games are just downloaded together. I did have to remarry the patch to kingdom hearts 3, but I think that's the only game I encountered that with.

It's just what I had found in the Wild.

NSM Beyond, Modded Warfare Backporting tool, would just create a file identical to the Update file somehow, it simply wouldnt work.

(As per edit above) Days Gone, I cant remember what was going wrong, but simply wouldnt start.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, there's a bug with gengp4 where it assumes it will be master and app version 1.00, so if you try building a pkg with it, it will error immediately. it only happens with patches, but I found a way to fix it by manually changing the name in the gengp4.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you can also get around it by dumping both game and patch as one dump. that's what a lot of uploaders seem to do with those few games. I encounter four games like that. renaming the gengp4's name inside (can be opened with notepad++) worked with all four games. the one I remember off hand is mega man legacy collection 1.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Be warned that not all games are going to work on 5.05. Look at some games from 6.72 backport wont works on 5.05 either.
217233A3-9DC8-4BFD-9EBD-6C3FB81B1278.jpeg
Just 23 failed Backports

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm...I guess that gives me comfort in that I couldn't get either control or ghostbusters to work. I did get dead or alive 6 to work though, but I didn't test beyond title screen. my first attempt would cause it to crash though.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Left my PS4 on 7.02 and people said oh in the next few years, just update........ Looking in the corner biw at nt boxed PS4 I am happy I didn't. I got patience... Thanks for the NEWS
This. just knowing only the webkit needed the exploit made me never to update it gives us more hope than saying "Its in private". So this is the 3rd opportunity for my ps4 pro to get hacked lol.
I updated to 7.02 back in April mainly for FF7 Re and P5 R, but now atleast ppl have a chance to dump those games and we can backport them to 6.72 I would wager it has better compatibility than 5.05.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just need app dumper of ftp payload to do that. iirc, games are placed in the sandbox folder along with dlc and themes (possibly in the folder inside pfsmnt), but we haven't had to ftp games since 1.76 I believe. it's basically the same process just slower.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, pfs stands for protected file system which is our biggest hurdle with the ps4. that's why the system has to decrypt/strip it of pfs first. firmware self keys mean nothing by comparison. I don't think orbis cares what the keys are, but app dumper does say "decrypting selfs" during its process.

D

Deleted User

But monster hunter world is an old game. I played it on my 5.05 ps4 way before 6.72 exploit was even announced.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.