PS4 Save Wizard... what is it?

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Inveracity, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Inveracity
    OP

Inveracity Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2018
    United States
    Virginia
    I see people on here trying to sell their slots for the PS4 Save Wizard but I'm unfamiliar with it. I get the idea of it, but how does it work? I read on the site that it's only stable up to a certain patch on PS4 and I'm using 6.0 beta so I'm out of luck until they update their software, but for $60 I'm super skeptical of it being a bunch of bull. Can anybody explain what exactly it does and what the benefits are, and most importantly, will it block trophy progression?

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    It is a save editing tool, that allows you to resign other people save as your own save.

3. Inveracity
    OP

Inveracity Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2018
    United States
    Virginia
    So the whole upload your save to them idea is, they edit it with the cheats you want, and then you download it and put it back on your console? (Just making sure I'm understanding correctly)

4. Hayato213

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Basically you make backup of your encrypted save data on to an usb, using the save wizard it decrypt the save, apply cheat that you want to apply onto, and re-encrypted, then you can restore it back on to the PS4.

Inveracity likes this.
  5. Inveracity
    OP

Inveracity Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2018
    United States
    Virginia
    Dude that is awesome lol have you used it? I'm gonna have to wait obviously until they have a 6.0 compatible version but I'm really tempted to try just to goof around on random games.

6. Hayato213

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    I don't have one , 60 is quite pricey for even though it come with three slots where you can sell the other two.

7. Inveracity
    OP

Inveracity Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2018
    United States
    Virginia
    $60 is exactly why I'm a little skeptical, I feel like if it's pricey than there's less to worry about since it's going to be backed up by receipts and such BUT if it flops, that's a lot of money. I do like that you can make back some of what you spent, that's pretty badass in itself. I literally just came across the site yesterday so I probably sound like a huge noob but it's an exciting thought lol.

8. Hayato213

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Welcome to the forum.

Inveracity likes this.
  9. Inveracity
    OP

Inveracity Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2018
    United States
    Virginia
    Much appreciated!

10. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    https://www.savewizard.net/ :P

Basically it's a pc application used to edit save data on ps4 games, by uploading it to your pc with a usb device and making edits to supported games to do whatever you can just like any other save tool. Slots are given to each person who purchase a license for $60 so people usually share extras or try to buy as a group to reduce the overall price from one person who thinks it's a lot.

It's like buying anti virus program with access up to 3 pc or more incase you want to protect more systems with a single license or use it on future computers you may obtain. Slots are similar to that. :ninja:
    What is save wizard?

Inveracity likes this.
  11. Inveracity
    OP

Inveracity Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2018
    United States
    Virginia
    Such a neat idea lol I hate having to be patient but I signed up for beta testing and a few days ago downloaded beta 6.0 for PS4, so I'm stuck until they update it. I can think of a few games I'd like to re-download from my PSN account and goof around with. One thing I never got a clear answer for though: does it prevent trophy progress?

12. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    We helped you out, now help us and gives us juicy details on that beta firmware. :P

Does it do anything useful like improve internet connections Or enhance performance or something? :ninja:

Also if you concerned about trophies, check the site for faq i linked.

13. Inveracity
    OP

Inveracity Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2018
    United States
    Virginia
    "Q. Can I use this to obtain trophies?

A. This feature is currently not supported"

I'm gonna take that as a no lol.

Honestly with the beta, all I've done so far is download a few old games since I just slapped a 500gig external for extra space, and I'm one trophy away from a Platinum on Bloodborne so I haven't noticed anything at all. I did have a NAT issue trying to connect with a friend via voice chat in a PSN party, we got it to work after I rebooted my console but I hadn't rebooted it in weeks. I usually just sleep mode it, so I figured it was just some hiccup. Part of me thinks Bloodborne's saves are loading a tad faster than I'm used to, not sure if that's my imagination or not. I need to scroll through it some and mess with menus, PS+, etc and see if I notice anything.

14. danilo_scala

danilo_scala Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2019
    Brazil
    Channel discord to share saves and codes save Wizard have group in Facebook with link

Last edited by danilo_scala, Apr 4, 2019
  15. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    why even resurrect this thread?