PS4 Phat or Slim

Discussion in 'PS4 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Broomoperator, May 27, 2017.

1. Broomoperator
    OP

Broomoperator Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2017
    India
    Hi,

I am going to buy a PS4. I was looking at the slim but have seen mixed reviews. The slim I have been eyeballing is 500gb model with CUH-2016A. I have heard that couple of the slims have hardware problems pertaining to overheating etc but were slated as unconfirmed rumors by others.

So as I am not particularly knowledgeable, I am asking the readers which should I buy and which is least likely to have hardware issues PS4 Slim or original PS4.

Regards,

Last edited by Broomoperator, May 27, 2017
  2. ArturDat3DS

ArturDat3DS Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2016
    Pyongyang
    Definitely buy a slim. Those rumors are fake, trust me. Otherwise would everyone freak out and everyone would write about this online - and Sony would cancel the production and fix it.
    There are seriously no advantages of having a Phat. I have a phat and barely use it since I got the slim - it's slicker and is definitely quieter (My Phat was extremely loud for some reason). It's also way better to take it with you (for example to your friend, like I always do). Also, for me personally the Slim looks better.
    By the way 500gb sounds much - but on the PlayStation it gets filled up really quickly. I always had storage problems with 500GB (if you have below 30GB for some reason you can't download any games and updates).
    This is just my personal opinion - it's up to you what you want to buy.

Last edited by ArturDat3DS, May 27, 2017
  3. Broomoperator
    OP

Broomoperator Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2017
    India
    Thanks for you reply.

I have seen videos that it is simpler to clean the fan and also you don't have to take it apart and void you warranty as the cover comes off, also I have checked with the staff and it is on firmware 4.07.

TBH I am edging towards the slim just needed the reassurance you gave.