Hacking PS4 Linux Pre-configured Distro for Emulators & More from D-ecks

• Thread starter Deleted-355425
  • Start date
  • Views 2,456
  • Replies 3
  • Likes 2
D

Deleted-355425

See: http://www.psxhax.com/threads/ps4-linux-pre-configured-distro-for-emulators-more-from-d-ecks.557/

Following his PS4 Linux Installation Tutorial and PS4 Steam Tutorial, today PlayStation 4 developer D-ecks shared a PS4 Linux pre-configured distro which supports Steam, various emulators, Office and more right out of the box!

Check it out below, to quote: PS4 Linux. Steam + Emulators + office out of the box

Current version - 0.1.1

Pre-configured linux distro, based on Fedora 23 with kernel patches from Fail0verflow team. Uses OsirisX's works (3d acc., steam).

Requirements:
  • PS4 with 1.76 FW
  • USB flash drive 8GB+
  • Any Internet connection
  • USB keyboard/mouse
  • USB hub (optional)

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I gave this a try the other day, it works really well for desktop use.

Gaming wise 3D acceleration works, however the FPS will be low in most games, unless it's something really old like Half-Life.

I had no problem playing 1080p video on Kodi over my home network however. Encoding video with Hand Break on the PS4 was about on par with my PC's Core i5 2500k processor.

4EkDsKi.png

Reactions: Deleted-355425

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Controller or keyboard and mouse with this? or both?

Keyboard and Mouse work fine, the PS4 controller doesn't work, however that's because Bluetooth is not working yet.

I've not tried it, however I imagine a wired Xbox 360 / Xbox One controller would as Fedora has drivers for them: https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/xboxdrv

Networking wise Gigabit Ethernet works, 10/100 Ethernet or Wireless don't currently work.

The big one is sound over HDMI doesn't work yet, once that's working you could happily enjoy using Linux on the PS4. You could connect a USB soundcard to have working sound as a temp workaround however, same for Bluetooth.

Last edited by InsaneNutter,
Reactions: Deleted-355425

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1