PS4 Games Now Available on PS Now

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Tom Bombadildo, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot

PS Now, Sony's game streaming service, was originally hosting PS3 games only. However, last month Sony announced the PS4 games will be coming to PS Now...and now they have! Sony have added 20 PS4 games to the PS Now service which are available to stream now. The game list is as follows:
    • Killzone Shadow Fall
    • God of War 3 Remastered
    • Saints Row IV: Re-Elected
    • WWE 2K16
    • Tropico 5
    • F1 2015
    • Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition
    • Evolve
    • MX vs ATV Supercross Encore
    • Resogun
    • Helldivers
    • Broken Age
    • Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
    • Grim Fandango Remastered
    • Guilty Gear Xrd Sign
    • Castlestorm Definitive Edition
    • Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky
    • Arcania Complete Tale
    • Nidhogg
    • Super Mega Baseball

Now those without a PS4 (and a semi-decent internet connection :P) can start to enjoy some of the offerings of the PS4 without even having to own one! While the game list is a little...eh, Sony has mentioned that they have over 100 different publishers who are adding games to the PS Now service, so hopefully more PS4 exclusives become available for those to play.

Along with this news, Sony is also bringing back the 1 year subscription price of $99.99, or the "intro month" price of $9.99 for just 1 month.

:arrow: Source

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    what the hell does this mean?
    are streamig services like ps now actually good? it's a pain to deal with latency and servers on normal game servers
    are games actually playable with such big control input? specially on driving games

elBenyo likes this.
  3. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    PS Now requires at least 5mbps speed, but 15+mbps is recommended for a decent experience.

And the lag isn't too bad, depending on your connection. I tried it out when it was a beta thing, with a 15mbps connection the lag was mostly minimal (maybe like 30-50ms input lag?). I wouldn't play something that requires an extreme no-lag performance, but for most games it's not an issue...if your speed is ok.

migles likes this.
  4. AshuraZro

AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Feb 21, 2004
    Canada
    Saskatchewan
    PS Now can be good if your connection to their servers has a low enough latency. In the last place I lived, where I had decent internet, I played through much of a Ratchet and Clank game using PS Now and it played fantastically with next to no noticeable lag. At most times, I forgot I was even streaming the game. Unrelated, but it was funny when the game crashed on their end and I had to think for a moment of "huh, what do I do...".

On the connection I'm on today, I think it'd be a different story and very much an unenjoyable experience.

laudern likes this.
  5. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    I played through God of War 3 and Ratchet & Clank in the PSNow beta and I completed both games with no issues. PS3 games though. I only had 2mb dsl at the time and was surprised how well it worked. I wouldn't play something like Street Fighter but RPGs etc. it would be fine.
    It's only available in a few countries in Europe though.

If you've ever used Shareplay on PS4 it's kind of like that, but way better.

6. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Ahhhh it's just killzone as the ip ps4 title right now.No horizon zero dawn or bloodborn,too bad pcmasterrace.

elBenyo and whateverg1012 like this.
  7. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    People give Sony shit for not having backwards compatability on the PS4, but hey at least they do have a method to play PS3 games on the system, its not like they're completely shunning the past. Though I do wonder why they don't add PS1 and PS2 (maybe even PSP and Vita) games to the PSNow service, would be a great way to draw people into paying for the service.

8. samcambolt270

samcambolt270 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    n-nidhogg? but why though? i mean, its technically a ps4 game, but why? its a game that requires decently quick inputs and unless you have a near zero latency connection, that really wont work, and it's a pc game too. why waste the time to put that in the system?

9. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Charging people for a streaming service to play older titles is pretty underhanded. Still, it's better than nothing.

quinterrya likes this.
  10. samcambolt270

samcambolt270 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    now if only some they'd put some better stuff on there. Im sure it wouldnt be fun playing bloodborne or ds3 on it, but im sure there are quite a few thatd be great for it.

11. NutymcNuty

NutymcNuty GBATemp's Autismo

Mar 24, 2015
    Canada
    Ottawa, Ontario
    why put saints row iv? its on pc...

12. rileysrjay

rileysrjay GBAtemp's official vinsclone speedster!

Apr 2, 2016
    United States
    Central City
    Meh. They're going to have to step up their game if they even want to compete with xbox game pass when it comes to PS4 games on PS now imo. Some of those games (such as good of war) have been in sales constantly for cheap. The only advantage to this in the future is playing ps exclusives on PC.

13. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    Why not, if someone has a ps now account but not saints row IV....well now they do, more games will always be a positive, even if there is a better version available on PC natively this service allows people with lower specs to run games they otherwise couldn't

Probably wouldn't go for it myself, but I can understand why others might

NutymcNuty likes this.
  14. Enlapse

Enlapse GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2014
    Is this just an USA thing at the moment? I have read that the Europe version (or servers), are still in beta. I found, however, a download link in the en-Gb of PSN, so I will try it now.

15. HaloEliteLegend

HaloEliteLegend ~Apprentice Game Designer~

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    Welcome news! Subscription prices tho... I wonder how long until it'll be cheaper to just have bought a PS4. There's PS4 Craigslist listings in my area for $100. Get some games used and that would mean decent long-term savings, plus not having to worry about online latency and whatnot.

16. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Keep in mind that PS Now has 500+ PS3/PS4 titles for you to play, it'd probably take a fairly large amount of money to beat the $99 a year price point if we're going that route.

17. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    A reminder that PS4 games are NOT available in PC through PS Now.

18. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Uhh...yes they are?

Pluupy and NutymcNuty like this.
  19. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    Ah, I thought it's the same like with Xbox, so I didn't check the video.
    I feel dumb..

20. yoshimashi

yoshimashi GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2016
    United States
    $99 for a year... I feel like it'll only be worth if I play the majority of the games listed.