Hacking ps4 exploit for 7.51 or downgrade?

lilalex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I sold my PS4 on 5.55 because there was no exploit 2 years ago. Now I learned what blue light of death is, bought a BLOD consol and learned the chip on motherboard fried/oxides and motherboard is unrepairable. Also heard a bunch of BLOD going on when ps5 was announced, we all know how hot PS4 pro can get after 10 mins. So I'd say if you have PS4 with the firmware congrats, other wise get rid of your PS4 as this BLOD is designed to fail
i have a ps4 slim, it was 7.02 so yea i had no luck

silent2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
same situation i received a ps4 from someone and it is already updated to 7.51 so guess no luck aswell for now

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are waiting for 7.51 to be exploitable then it might be 2,3 or maybe 5 years later. And for downgrade, we don't know when and no way to know. it might be as well as 2,3, or maybe 5 years later also. Sell it and get 6.72 instead! You can always update from 6.72 to 7.51 when they found the exploitable. :)

Reactions: luckyguy88

silent2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
If you are waiting for 7.51 to be exploitable then it might be 2,3 or maybe 5 years later. And for downgrade, we don't know when and no way to know. it might be as well as 2,3, or maybe 5 years later also. Sell it and get 6.72 instead! You can always update from 6.72 to 7.51 when they found the exploitable. :)

guess you are right will have to ged rid of this console. I got it from someone, the problem is that the console update itself automatically so they have no idea...

Reactions: spotanjo3

lilalex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
guess you are right will have to ged rid of this console. I got it from someone, the problem is that the console update itself automatically so they have no idea...
maybe im still waiting for that damn downgrade

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

somebody posted they could by reprogramming the chip
well thats something i guess?

same situation i received a ps4 from someone and it is already updated to 7.51 so guess no luck aswell for now
dont update to 7.55 just dont stay on 7.51

konamicode89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Waiting for the 7.02 webkit exploit like people are waiting for their stimulus checks. Bad joke I know, but anyway, as much as I'm happy about the 7.02 kernel exploit, I just want to ask if there's any news on anybody either developing or looking into creating said webkit exploit? Or is it more about waiting for it to become public information?

lilalex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Waiting for the 7.02 webkit exploit like people are waiting for their stimulus checks. Bad joke I know, but anyway, as much as I'm happy about the 7.02 kernel exploit, I just want to ask if there's any news on anybody either developing or looking into creating said webkit exploit? Or is it more about waiting for it to become public information?
well someone is making a downgrade but with a chip:ohnoes:

yea theres something going on telling that there will be jailbreak for 7.51 i saw a video about that

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, well, I guess I have no option if I want to play Last of US 2... had the game for over a month now and NEED to play it..

My 5.05 will be upgraded to play it :(

Just like others, I don't see a 7.51 hack any time soon, If there is one, the hacker will go with Sony to get a pay day before it's released, if it's ever released.

lilalex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, well, I guess I have no option if I want to play Last of US 2... had the game for over a month now and NEED to play it..

Just like others, I don't see a 7.51 hack any time soon, If there is one, the hacker will go with Sony to get a pay day before it's released, if it's ever released.
we just need a downgrade

Reactions: DavidinCT

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Pretty much this. Bounty's seem more important than the community to most of the exploit devs. 7.51 users are SOL at this point since its greed bounty territory around that firmware. Im not even certain if the 7.02 webkit will be shared either.
@lilalex
I wouldn't expect a user friendly ps4 downgrade till the end of the ps4's lifespan, for now we just know it possible, but it can take years to make it universal to all users.

D

Deleted User

Or, if you have the money buy a second PS4. I am happy with my two PS4s one on 6.72 hacked and the other on 7.51 legit. Not everybody has the money though to buy a 2nd PS4 I understand that.

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or, if you have the money buy a second PS4. I am happy with my two PS4s one on 6.72 hacked and the other on 7.51 legit. Not everybody has the money though to buy a 2nd PS4 I understand that.

Well, with the PS5 and the new Xbox coming out I am not buying another Xbox or PS4. I really don't want to spend the extra cash right now. Well, if one showed up under $100, maybe. I do play more Xbox and Switch than I do on my PS4 so, if I want to play the handful of new games that are out that I need to play, I'll just buy them and be done with it(I should be doing that anyway !). NOTE: If I download a game, I will normally go out and buy the physical copy later as I collect games, I do this alot.

Waiting for a mod for 7.51 is going to be like people 5.05 who could never update or play any newer games till about 2 months ago. It was a REALLY long time.

Let's see, I am a top hacker... I have a *NEW* EXPLOT to the PS4, Sony will pay up if it's a valid hack, I could see $5-10K or even more. Or I can release it to the public, have to maintain it(and worry about getting in trouble), when the next update comes people asking me to make a new release, and lot of people being very negative and bashing me (as we have seen in the past) because I don't have one the moment it was updated...

I see why, Sony pays up if the experts give them their hack, as they don't make any money from a free release here. Most people expect a free hack... but, never think about the 100's of hours that the hacker could of put into making the hack.

Last edited by DavidinCT,

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, with the PS5 and the new Xbox coming out I am not buying another Xbox or PS4. I really don't want to spend the extra cash right now. Well, if one showed up under $100, maybe. I do play more Xbox and Switch than I do on my PS4 so, if I want to play the handful of new games that are out that I need to play, I'll just buy them and be done with it(I should be doing that anyway !). NOTE: If I download a game, I will normally go out and buy the physical copy later as I collect games, I do this alot.

Waiting for a mod for 7.51 is going to be like people 5.05 who could never update or play any newer games till about 2 months ago. It was a REALLY long time.

Let's see, I am a top hacker... I have a *NEW* EXPLOT to the PS4, Sony will pay up if it's a valid hack, I could see $5-10K or even more. Or I can release it to the public, have to maintain it(and worry about getting in trouble), when the next update comes people asking me to make a new release, and lot of people being very negative and bashing me (as we have seen in the past) because I don't have one the moment it was updated...

I see why, Sony pays up if the experts give them their hack, as they don't make any money from a free release here. Most people expect a free hack... but, never think about the 100's of hours that the hacker could of put into making the hack.
Good point, but we are more stronger than Sony is or any company, do you know why? they making money because of us.
if people stop greed we can make bounty's and pay same amount or more that to hackers yo update their jailbreak, simple as that.

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sony allows a full public disclose of all vulnerable bugs and ofc pay money too, nonetheless ;)
The best of both worlds :P

GraFfiX420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we just need a downgrade

The downgrade that is happening now is not simple, it requires a full backup of the system on the lower firmware you want to go back to, so it's not useful for just anyone. It also requires removing an IC from the PS4, reading it externally with a teensy, then resoldering either that chip or a newly flashed one.

Reactions: lilalex

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good point, but we are more stronger than Sony is or any company, do you know why? they making money because of us.
if people stop greed we can make bounty's and pay same amount or more that to hackers yo update their jailbreak, simple as that.

Yep we are but, WE are only a small percent of PS4 owners do home brew or hacking. Most people just want to play games, and don't care about the home brew/hacks.

As for everyone creating a bounty, it's a great idea, no question but, with all the eyes on the project, including Sony, and some other legal firms. If you were someone who created this epic hack, would you want to be the person who actually collects it ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte