PS4 doesnt' reconize internal hard drive anymore

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

yesterday I tried to clone the 1 tb internal hard drive to a 2tb one to use it for my second ps4.

Once I cloned the hard drive, I put it the original one back to my fat cfw 9.0 ps4. So basically I just removed and reinsert the hard drive, why my ps4 is not detecting it?

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
clone the 1 tb internal hard drive to a 2tb

that's your issue is, cloning drives never worked on ps4 anyway. probably because ps4 lock it self to that hdd until you chang it and reinstall the system software, once your install a new hdd on that ps4, there's no going back. that old hdd you got there will never work again until your format it and reinstall the system software.

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that's your issue is, cloning drives never worked on ps4 anyway. probably because ps4 lock it self to that hdd until you chang it and reinstall the system software, once your install a new hdd on that ps4, there's no going back. that old hdd you got there will never work again until your format it and reinstall the system software.
so basically I lost all the games a saves on the drive, awesome. Thanks anyway.
Now that I want to reinstall a new hard disk, I have to set a new account, but I want my ps4 to be jailbroke at 9.0 fw. If I reinstall the ps4 os I have to sign in on the ps network? Because in that case the ps4 would let me install the latest firmware, and I will not able to cfw the ps4

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's called the eap key. You can get it from dumping the sflash and using a python script. I got my eap key this way, but I never tried mounting it.

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's called the eap key. You can get it from dumping the sflash and using a python script. I got my eap key this way, but I never tried mounting it.
I found a guide on youtube. Once I dump the hard drive how can I transfer games and saves to the new ps4 internal hard drive?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, pkgs and trophies shouldn't be a problem, just reinstall/retransfer. I think saves won't be an issue either if you use the same account. all three of those are in the user partition iirc.

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
well, pkgs and trophies shouldn't be a problem, just reinstall/retransfer. I think saves won't be an issue either if you use the same account. all three of those are in the user partition iirc.
Ok, can you tell me step by step what I have to do? I am a bit confuse. I never did something like this

Mo Poge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I think I've cloned my PS4 internal drive at least twice before without issue so maybe it has to do with your cloning software/hardware? I used one of those cheap-ish cloning docks.

Also, are you saying the original drive is not working with your PS4? That sounds like a different issue like maybe the drive got corrupted along the way?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I think I've cloned my PS4 internal drive at least twice before without issue so maybe it has to do with your cloning software/hardware? I used one of those cheap-ish cloning docks.

Also, are you saying the original drive is not working with your PS4? That sounds like a different issue like maybe the drive got corrupted along the way?
That is normal, unlike the ps3, you can't just swap drives. The old drive will no longer work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shy::blush: +1