Hacking PS4 Cheater Returns No Results While Debug Watcher Does When Searching Nioh

Giga Knight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings. First, I would like to apologize if the creation of this thread is in violation of forum rules--I originally used someone else's thread to ask a question, and only got answers and guidance (for which I am grateful) regarding related questions and problems. The topic is about something else that's also related, but not quite what I seek. I figured that asking a question in my own thread, with a relevant thread title, and waiting for someone to respond to it, would be more effective toward solving this problem. If this thread is indeed in violation of the rules, I fully accept any decisions/actions the mods accordingly make/take.

With that said, the problem.

For a while now, I've been trying to alter amrita and gold values in Nioh 1.21 on my 6.72 PS4. Searching the Internet for instructions, I've found that others have edited saves and even memory to these ends; and upon finding out, recently, that 6.72 has long been exploited, I decided to do the same--or attempt to. Upon finding PS4 Cheater (at the same time I found out about 6.72), I resolved to start with that. When I used it to search memory (of eboot.bin, in its entirety) for 4-byte values, however, it returned nothing. Today, I used another program to search for the same called Debug Watcher. I didn't expect much more than PS4 Cheater, so I was shocked to find that it found the values for both amrita and gold--not in hex, but as integer values. It showed an address for each (0x11E212F8 for amrita, 0x62021300 for gold), but didn't elaborate on what part of eboot.bin those addresses were found aside from the addresses themselves. Furthermore, with the program being unstable, it was incapable of more than one search--after that, the program would require a restart for anything else.

I took these values back to PS4 Cheater, and found that there were no memory ranges that seemed to fit those two addresses, so I decided to wing it and go with whatever they'd fall between (though this would be redundant, as I'd already searched the entirety of eboot.bin). Started with the first value to receive--as expected--no values. Same result for the second. These were the case, though Debug Watcher found the values with no problem.

So we're at the present moment, with me at a complete loss as to how to proceed, aside from asking for help. Am I doing something wrong? I would greatly appreciate any help: this is something others have done before, I am confident that I can do it too, if only I can receive some clarity regarding the path forward.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is an address if I'm understanding you right. Type in each one in goto in HxD. You'll have to change the layout first if it's not in hex. Goto might list them when you search, but I can't remember. If it's hex to look up, search for it.

Giga Knight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is an address, but one in memory. Did you mean I should search the save file for it? The save file's address offsets don't go that far, only up to 001F2C40.

Last edited by Giga Knight,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it could be an actual location or a hex address, don't know which. usually if it's a hex address, it will have what to change it to. I'm afraid I can't really help much with this as I've never used ps4 cheater.

Giga Knight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be clear, the hex values I got above were what I got from Debug Watcher after a memory scan. The values for amrita and gold were integer values, and thus were decimal values. The hex values, I'm certain, were memory addresses.

Unless there's some sort of difference between the "actual location" and "hex address" you spoke of that I'm unaware of.

Giga Knight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. Well, if we're talking offsets of the save file, then it's as I said. I'm not sure what the difference between that and "hex sequence" is, since both are in hex.

I sense, though, that we have reached an impasse. I still appreciate your input, however--"two heads are better than one".

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesn't go to offset: 11E212F8? the 0x means the rest of the numbers are 0s in front of the first 1. that's normally how offsets are written. that's kinda of a high number, which leads me to thinking it might be referring to the eboot.

Giga Knight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always understood 0x to merely be a prefix describing the following numbers as being in hexadecimal notation. That said, the address is indeed in the eboot.bin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.