Hacking PS4 3.55 Code Execution PoC

_eyCaRambA_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda weird that there hasn't been a thread for this yet.
Fire30 made this PoC based on the same webkit vulnerability that henkaku is using. Not too much to see yet but of course it's a great developement in the right direction.

This repo contains a PoC for getting code execution on ps4's with firmware version 3.55
It uses the same webkit vulnerability as the henkaku project. So far there is basic ROP working and returning to normal execution is included.
Next steps will be to map a jit page sucessfully and getting actual shellcode executed.

Github with download and instructions: https://github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

Reactions: gnmmarechal

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Wouldn't call it weird, since most including myself, follow other sites for other console related news. I mostly use temp for 3Ds and WiiU related developments.

But thanks for sharing it. Guess I will be keeping my ps4 offline for a bit

Last edited by retrofan_k,

CitizenSnips

a seldom-used crab named Lucky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, hopefully homebrew will be possible soon. Does that update bypasser still work? I'll probably have to use that when they patch it

Last edited by CitizenSnips,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I made a point of keeping my PS4 on 3.50 after the reported exploits, but that led nowhere. I wonder if I should now just update to 3.55.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I made a point of keeping my PS4 on 3.50 after the reported exploits, but that led nowhere. I wonder if I should now just update to 3.55.

Do it now, you won't regret it. Mine is on 3.55 and the WiFi settings deleted as of now. I'd rather have the firmware there installed regardless of having usb access later. I did the same with my vita as I had 3.51 but said fuck it and updated to 3.60 and not regretted it.

I do online on the ps4, so might have to consider another machine for online.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah buddy! 3.55 is Sony's Special Number

Quite a coincidence though when you think about it. It's only the Vita that skipped lol.

Last edited by retrofan_k,

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
According to Wololo it's only a user-land exploit.... Unless there is a kernel exploit to compliment it, 1.76 will still be the golden firmware for now.

But good progress, nonetheless! :)

D

Deleted-355425

Still waiting for a reason to use my spare 1.76 PS4. Right now it's just sitting in a box, desperately yearning for cfw.

Mine too, it's had about 30 minutes on time from new to test it and check the hdmi port for defects and it's gone back in its box :P

Reactions: digipimp75

n00b2015

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
hello...

i bought couple of 2d games for ps4 and i'm tired of waiting for exploit. should i wait a little bit more or there wont be anything soon?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I hate these DIY furniture kits so bad