PS3 with RSOD

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Ashramkun, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Ashramkun
    OP

Ashramkun Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2013
    Brazil
    Hello.
    My friend has a phat PS3 with RSOD. We already read about the problem, and we know that's a hardware problem. Its has the last OFW and we already tried all option in the recovery menu without success (even tried to reflash the last OFW).

We know that with CFW, it could have a "fix", but as already said, its has the last OFW.

There is a method to install CFW in the last OFW 4.82 described here > https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps3-cfw-above-3-55-yes-with-4-82.311968/, but it need to have access to PS3 web browser....

I think that our last hope is install a e3 flasher right? Its solderless and with it, we can install a CFW and bypass the RSOD.

We know that the only 100% solution would be replace the nor chip, but we don't have the tools and skills to replace a chip.

We are looking for a good place to order a e3. Ebay would be the best option for us. Will we be ok with this kit? > https://www.ebay.com/itm/E3-Nor-Fla...862988&hash=item1edf04eb95:g:k5kAAOSw7I5a2eFH

WiiHomebrew+Snes likes this.
  2. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    RSOD? Is that the same a YLOD or something different? Sorry, just wondering, my (slim) PS3's never suffered such an issue so i never paid a lot of attention.

3. Ashramkun
    OP

Ashramkun Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2013
    Brazil
    No. Its not the same.
    I can use the recovery menu. But if I try a normal boot, this screen appears :

[​IMG]

4. Jordanli8

Jordanli8 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2017
    Australia
    Where did you get the information about using the last firmware ?

5. WiiHomebrew+Snes

WiiHomebrew+Snes GBAtemp Regular

May 4, 2016
    United States
    If/when you fix it, please update. Same problem. E3 flasher does seem to be the only method.

6. Jordanli8

Jordanli8 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2017
    Australia
    DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK ! Only tested on custom firmware you need the last custom firmware you had on a usb stick, first off turn off your ps3 then take out the internal hdd from your ps3 then turn on your ps3 without your internal hdd you will get the no applicable update data found error, now put your internal hdd back in and then update with the last custom firmware you had if it went well the update should succeed and your ps3 will boot up normally with custom firmware you last had. TELL ME IF THIS WORKS.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK ! Only tested on custom firmware you need the last custom firmware you had on a usb stick, first off turn off your ps3 then take out the internal hdd from your ps3 then turn on your ps3 without your internal hdd you will get the no applicable update data found error, now put your internal hdd back in and then update with the last custom firmware you had if it went well the update should succeed and your ps3 will boot up normally with custom firmware you last had. TELL ME IF THIS WORKS.

7. WiiHomebrew+Snes

WiiHomebrew+Snes GBAtemp Regular

May 4, 2016
    United States
    Literally said they only had ofw

8. Jordanli8

Jordanli8 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2017
    Australia
    Not sure if it will work on ofw they could try it anyways

9. Jordanli8