• Total voters

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OrR said:
The one thing I really hate about the three Playstations is the awful controller. It's uncomfortable to hold and the analog stick placement is stupid in my opinion. The 360 controller on the other hand is the best classic style controller I have ever used, especially with the recently improved d-pad. (I think only the green controllers have it at this point...) It's the only console controller I could get used to for first person control. Being a PC gamer I always feel helpless without a mouse but I have to admit that the two analog sticks on the 360 controller work pretty well in Mirror's Edge.

+1 on that. The 360 controller is the best I've used. Really lovely controller.

Xta Large

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OrR said:
IMO Bluray is completely useless, just download the divx rip and burn it to a DVD...

How is it that so many people miss the point of Blu-Ray entirely?

DVDs were kinda useless in 2000, ya know. As technology evolved, though, more and more electronics started to use DVD tech.

Same thing will happen here. As we make the transition from standard to hi-def technology, Blu-Ray will become more relevant. It may seem useless now, but in five years when everyone and their mothers have an HD set, Blu-Ray players will be far from a novelty, and get this - those of us who already have HD sets, or nice surround sound systems, or any of that high end shit appreciate Blu-Ray and the improvements in audio and video quality that come with it.

CyberFish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its all personal preference. I dont care for halo, and I dont want to send my Xbox pleasefixme....err...360...(juuuuuust kidding. Dont get all crazy and start banging on your keyboards fellas.) in every 4 months cause it decided to RRoD on me.

Ohh, and 20 minute install time??? LOL, ok.

ryan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I appreciate all of the feedback here. But to those of you who said things along the lines of "if you like Xbox, get Xbox" or "It's all personal preference"... well yeah it is - but I was curious in knowing what all is possible with each individual system in terms of gaming, and everything else from internet, to modding, to music, to whatever. So thanks for all the information everyone who replied with facts.

Meatbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I'll fall for some of the trollbait I just read, but I will say that even Halo 2 was better than Halo 3.

That said, I would recommend the PC over the 360, because you can play just about every Microsoft exclusive game on the PC, with the benefit of mods and less expensive games. If you can afford it though, I would recommend the PS3. They have (practically) universally interchangeable hardrives (and every PS3 comes with one), Linux compatibility (Gates yanked this one off of the 360), more interesting games (that is an opinion, but one I'm willing to support with examples), and as far as online gameplay: I can't complain if it's free.

Priss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ryan said:
PS3 Good:
- Plays Blu-Ray discs
PS3 Bad:
- New PS3s won't play PS2 games? (I think I read that somewhere...)
Then just buy a PS3/Metal Gear Solid combo. It the lastest PS3 with PS2/1 reader in it.
You can find them online all over, but will prolly pay more than your reg PS3. /angry wrist

OR just play PSX and PS2 games on your PC like meh
grog.gif
and own a DS with a good Cart
wub.gif

Over all I'm a happy camper and don't have to deal with any bu**sh**
Although I was a BIG Halo2 addict for 3 years, 360 turns me completely off.
PS3 offers no REAL good game so far. Waiting for FFXIII and the price to come down before I buy one.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, this thread really got trolled in and fanboys rants over the last day...

they are so many wrong things stated, its not even worth it to go and correct them
there is some right stuff but the rest is just fanboy crap

CyberFish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that MS has created its own Wii characters. LOL.

A lot of people dont care for blu ray yet, and I didnt either until I actually watched one. It blows DVD quality out of the window and has cooler inscreen features to boot. Not to mention Blu Ray online capabilitys (if your player has access to the internet, which the PS3 does).

The music and video player is cool, but I dont even use it that much. I probably would if I had a surround sound setup and wanted to blast music in the house. I actually upgraded the hard drive for the simple fact of saving stuff like that and for the game saves, demos, DLC, and once Home starts getting more organized, you are supposed to be able to save vids and music from apartments that belong to your friends.

Everyone seems to base their decision on the few exclusive titles for some reason. 9/10 games are multiplatform now. There really is no reason to not buy one or the other unless you are a huge Gears of War fan, or a decade + long Metal Gear fan, like I am. So my choice was clear.
smile.gif

From what I gathered in my research for trying to buy my console, the PS is touted to be more of a multimedia machine with gaming capability. The 360 is touted to be more for hardcore gamers that want to wear their headsets and teamkill their fellow halo players with frag grenades. (that is exactly what was said to me, so once again, dont kill the mail man.)

I am very sure 360 owners hate this being brought up, but it is a valid point. The #1 thing that steered me right towards a PS3 was the RRoD issue. Yes, there is a 3 year warranty. Yes, it will be fixed for free. However, Yes it will take 3 weeks to get your console back. Yes, the 3 year warranty will eventually give out and you will need to most likely buy a new 360 console once that happens. It will be 3 years from today if you were to buy a new one today, but 360 owners that bought their console the day it came out, are most likely running out of time on their awsome warranty that MS lost millions over cause they wanted to release a console before Sony and Nintendo and it ultimatly did nothing cause both consoles have caught up in sales, and Nintendo flat out blew past them.

ryan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I did not have a computer, or a Wii, I would most likely go for an Xbox 360. But, a lot of the Xbox games that I like I can find for my computer (which is preferable for me)... SO despite the overwhelming vote-down of the PS3, I think that will be my choice unless I come across something in my travels that has such power to sway me.

Meatbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, I just never have liked Bill Gates' mercantile tendencies. Here is a joke. I tried to dig through my favorites to find the article about the 10 programs Bill Gates plagiarized and marketed as his own, but I had no luck there.

Joe88 said:
wow, this thread really got trolled in and fanboys rants

I know.

Sephiroth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I have both of them plus the Wii. In the end, the choice is mainly focused on the exclusive titles. But of course, we are good multiplatform titles too. But consider that, like CyberFish says, many of the Xbox360 title comes out for PC too (like Left4Dead). Maybe you can be more interested in buying a Xbox360 because is more cheap than a playstation3.

Well there is no "wrong choice", do just what do you feel better.

Xta Large

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
feds4u said:
Xbox 360 for sure. I'm not pissing on the PS3. I just don't think its future looks good. And its a bad long term investment. Plus Wii60 is one of the best console combos since the Genesis/SNES days.

Both the 360 and the PS3 have good looking futures, mang. Lurk moar game websites. Hell, I'd say the PS3 has a better immediate future than the 360 - some triple A titles coming out early next year. Long term is a mixed bag, but that's the case for all three systems, and it's looking as though the PS3'll outperform there too.

In terms of multimedia support... to say it's a bad long term investment, well, that's just ridiculous. Not even considering the built in Blu-Ray player (which is sure to become the standard in a few months as more and more people purchase HDTVs), it has enough support in terms of updates and PSN content to keep it going for a looooong while. Not to mention it'll probably play anything you have that you want it to play.

Sephiroth said:
I have both of them plus the Wii. In the end, the choice is mainly focused on the exclusive titles. But of course, we are good multiplatform titles too. But consider that, like CyberFish says, many of the Xbox360 title comes out for PC too (like Left4Dead). Maybe you can be more interested in buying a Xbox360 because is more cheap than a playstation3.

Well there is no "wrong choice", do just what do you feel better.

Hi five.

Priss said:
QUOTE(ryan @ Dec 14 2008, 12:19 AM)
PS3 Good:
- Plays Blu-Ray discs
PS3 Bad:
- New PS3s won't play PS2 games? (I think I read that somewhere...)
Then just buy a PS3/Metal Gear Solid combo. It the lastest PS3 with PS2/1 reader in it.
You can find them online all over, but will prolly pay more than your reg PS3. /angry wrist

OR just play PSX and PS2 games on your PC like meh grog.gif and own a DS with a good Cart wub.gif

Over all I'm a happy camper and don't have to deal with any bu**sh**
Although I was a BIG Halo2 addict for 3 years, 360 turns me completely off.
PS3 offers no REAL good game so far. Waiting for FFXIII and the price to come down before I buy one.

Hey, whoa, not Final Fantasy does not equal not good game. I'm not going to get into a list war but I've played plenty of good games for the PS3, and I have yet to play a game on the 360 that matches the sheer scale of Resistance 2 (Gears of War 2, which is pretty fucking awesome, gets close), or the jaw dropping beauty of Uncharted.

The whole 'PS3 has no good games' argument may have been a valid one in 2006 but there's no reason for it now. All three systems (360, PS3, AND Wii) have more than enough games to satisfy a middle class American, and if you spend a LOT of money on games a year, either the PS3 or the 360 should satisfy ya, because they both have a shitload of good games in their libraries.

CyberFish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to piss on 360 owners, but MS really screwed themselves the way they did the 360.

QUOTE said:
The red rings of death may get all the headlines, but they're not the only hardware issue with the 360. No, the consoles also scratch discs. And Microsoft knew about it all along.

Testimony from a Microsoft employee submitted as part of a class action suit reveals that, even before the console was first released in 2005, the company knew that repositioning the console with a disc inside would often result in the 360's optical lens damaging the disc.

And yet they didn't fix it. Partly because fixing it would have increased load times, partly because fixing it would have cost Microsoft an extra 50 cents per console.

So the next time your 360 renders your favourite game unplayable, forcing you to pony up for their $20 "replacement program", console yourself with the knowledge that your $60 game was broken by the absence of a $0.50 bit of rubber.

Crappy case design, a cheap $.50 cent fix that was overlooked. In the auto industry recalls and TSBs are usually issued and a perma fix is created. For MS, its patch it up and hope they dont hear from that customer in 3 years.

Jarjaxle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ive got both and i enjoy them. and cyber fish that sounds like common sense you dont move a console when it has a disc in it. ive nevr had any problems with the 360 its a good system and i do think cyberfish you are a sony fanboy because you constantly say i dont mean to piss on 360 owners but youve used shit like that twice

CyberFish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jarjaxle said:
ive got both and i enjoy them. and cyber fish that sounds like common sense you dont move a console when it has a disc in it. ive nevr had any problems with the 360 its a good system and i do think cyberfish you are a sony fanboy because you constantly say i dont mean to piss on 360 owners but youve used shit like that twice

I dont want to shit on them. All I posted is facts. Facts that MS is under fire cause they put out a faulty system. As far as fanboy status that you want to give me, the only alliance I hold is to Nintendo. I have owned every Nintendo system, and will continue to support Nintendo. When it comes to other consoles, I have owned

PS1
Dreamcast (two actually. Sold one, wanted to play powerstone, bought another. Sold it again)
Xbox (modded the shit out of it. The thing was solid)
PS3

Trust me. A 360 elite was in my future instead of the PS3, however, I did not feel comfortable buying a system with known issues and at the time, a 30% fail rate. MS is being sued in certain states now cause of their issues.

Call me fanboy all you want good sir. I just told you why I personally didnt buy a 360, and decided to share the information.

Here is another link if you really want to get all mad.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/micros...sations/1274293

Odanhammer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The real difference between the two systems comes down solely to games.
If you want to go online and have fun with games , get the PS3.
Its free online , the major online games (other then halo 3 and gears of war) are on the PS3 , and generally the games are getting the same numbers of people in game online.

If you don't want to go online and care more about games , get the PS3 , yah the xbox360 has a better lineup of games right now , but i notice a lack of up comming games in the comming year , other then more Halo and more Gears of War.
Xbox 360 i would only recommend if your really into fps games, since its only whats on the system , and spending 60 bucks a year to play online is pointless.

So if you wanna play games like Halo and Gears and Mass Effect , get a Xbox 360
On the other hand..
If you wanna play games like Resistance 2 , little big planet, and Uncharted , get a PS3.

Odanhammer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh and i forgot people say the price of the PS3 is way more then the Xbox 360 , let me compared the price.

PS3 right now you say 400 bucks for a system , i'll even put that up to 500 dollars just for the hell of it.
You get a Blu-ray / dvd player, able to play music , wifi built in( with the 500 dollar model anyways), a 80 gig harddrive, Free online.

Xbox 360 Elite. which is currently 400 bucks ,
You get dvd player , music player , no wifi , a 120 gig hard drive , and no free online (other then to download updates or spend money on more content).
Add another 100 bucks for the wifi and you have the price of a PS3, and still don't have the Blu-ray , which i realize isn't the biggest selling point but it is nice to have.

Xbox360 core , 199.99 dollars.
Has all the same stuff as the Elite but no harddrive, no wifi. the hard drive to add would be another 100 bucks and such , so your still spending the same on the console.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Xbox 360 i would only recommend if your really into fps games, since its only whats on the system , and spending 60 bucks a year to play online is pointless.

I'm not a big fan of either of the two systems and I agree with the post before mine the 360 exlusives are mainly fps games and I'm not into them at all, So the 360 doesn't exactly have the "wow" factor for me. My final conclusion is current gen gaming sucks handheld is nice but consoles have let me down it's all about graphics now and not gameplay
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @_Snow_, click the react button again