Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Xta Large said:
OrR said:
IMO Bluray is completely useless, just download the divx rip and burn it to a DVD...

How is it that so many people miss the point of Blu-Ray entirely?

DVDs were kinda useless in 2000, ya know. As technology evolved, though, more and more electronics started to use DVD tech.

Same thing will happen here. As we make the transition from standard to hi-def technology, Blu-Ray will become more relevant. It may seem useless now, but in five years when everyone and their mothers have an HD set, Blu-Ray players will be far from a novelty, and get this - those of us who already have HD sets, or nice surround sound systems, or any of that high end shit appreciate Blu-Ray and the improvements in audio and video quality that come with it.
I doubt that. HDD and SD card prices are still falling quickly and internet connections are getting very fast. I see no use at all for Bluray discs, not even for games or as a general storage medium. They are simply not enough of an improvement over DVDs. As for high resolution movies... Some people might like it but I don't think I'd notice the difference with most of the movies I watch. Also, although many people think they have HD TVs, few are actually equipped to appreciate the improvements in quality that come with a Blu-Ray movie. I want to have the option to download a HD version of a movie when I download it, whether it's legally or not. I do not want a Blu-Ray player to play it, though.
At the end I want to stress that I am not making a point against the PS3. Getting a free Blu-Ray player doesn't hurt. I'm just saying it shouldn't work as a justification for the higher console price for most people.

pieman202

Trophies
XP
Country
well for xmas this year im getting an xbox ^^ its a great system its nearly half the price for the pro pack and that includes two games. You can listen to your own music by plugging in your usb and you can chat on msn as well while playing games. the controller is easy to hold and i've gotten used to using it for fps's.
the ps3 is great too but its really expensive the controller is ok but i still like the xbox controller better. the graphics are really nice and they have some pretty good looking titles for it but the games are more expensive than xbox games in australia.
oh adn for the xbox, i don't know if the ps3 has this but xbox has expandable memory and the pro pack includes a 60gb hard drive ^^

CyberFish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
60 gig PS3s and MGS 80 gig version PS3s have backwards compatability.

Also, my 40 gig PS3 came with built in wifi. :dunno:

pieman202

Trophies
XP
Country
CyberFish said:
60 gig PS3s and MGS 80 gig version PS3s have backwards compatability.

Also, my 40 gig PS3 came with built in wifi. :dunno:
i'm pretty sure they all have inbuilt wi-fi

thawkins1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
360 owns PS3 so yes a 360
smile.gif

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 360 and I so regret buying it. Shooters and action shooters are not my kind of game so i'm screwed. So i think i will be getting a 60gb PS3 from this shop down the road for:

Little Big Planet
MGS 4
PS2 compatibility (KH woo)
and the ability to transfer stuff directly to its hard drive.
oh and the PS3 controller too.

ryukyus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
choose ps3 if you can even though it cost a lot of money, but it has better graphics than 360, and 360 has that infamous red rings of death, I would not touch that unless someone gave it to me for free.

Sloshy

Trophies
Website
piecesoflint.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
By ALL MEANS get a PS3. Sure, it's not the most popular but you get:
1) Perfect Blu-Ray support
2) Almost all the same games 360 gamers get (rock band, cod4, bioshock, the orange box, unreal tournament 3, soul calibur IV, burnout paradise, ffxiii etc., etc., etc.,)
3) A bigger hard drive in some cases (those "some cases" are when you compare the 360 elite and a 40gb ps3)
4) Native Foreign OS Support (LINUX FTW)
5) Better controller (motion, baby!)
6) Killer exclusive games, such as LittleBigPlanet, MGS4, FF Versus XIII, Ratchet & Clank, Motorstorm, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune just to name some.
7) Microsoft and Sony both suck from a linux fan's (like me) perspective, but Sony definitely beats Microsoft when it comes to openness.

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
ryukyus said:
choose ps3 if you can even though it cost a lot of money, but it has better graphics than 360, and 360 has that infamous red rings of death, I would not touch that unless someone gave it to me for free.

Myth and much reduced risk make those pretty moot. You get a three year RRoD warranty anyway.

QUOTE7) Microsoft and Sony both suck from a linux fan's (like me) perspective, but Sony definitely beats Microsoft when it comes to openness.
If you're buying a console based on the openness of the platform you're doing it wrong.

EmeraldEx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
ryukyus said:
lol @ buying a console for graphics

ryan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm kind of sorry I started this thread in the first place haha. It's become an all out war since I've forgotten about it!

Anyway guys, I ended up getting an Xbox 360 - the deal was just too good to pass up!

CyberFish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a never ending battle with others calling others fanboys for listing their reasons for buying one and not the other. If I could afford both I would. (I could afford the arcade 360, but why do that when the elite comes with everything) The only downside to that is buying certain games on certain consoles. Id rather put all my stock into one console.

The wii on the other hand is a total different animal. Nintendo doesnt seem to want to compete with Sony and MS. Last gen it wasnt looked at as serious. This generation, its looked at as a fad by many cause they want an excuse to put it down and enjoy their PS3/360 purchase.

For what it is worth, even though I like my PS3 over a 360, I did not vote for either system. They both have their ups and downs.

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
Sadly I have to vouch for the Xbox 360 here because it can run backups and most games for the consoles are multi-platform anyways. Don't get me wrong here because I have a PS3 as well which I like very much and PS3 is worth it just for MGS4.

Zerxer

Trophies
Website
www.sitexero.net
XP
Country
United States
^ Does Microsoft ban you from online play for modding your 360 to play backups? Honestly though, if I had to choose, I'd WANT to go for a 360 just to try Halo 3. Then again, most of my online friends all got a PS3 now and play that online all the time.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well ill put it this way. No one can argue that both consoles have GOOD and BAD points. Some people argue about blu-ray, others about the controller, other about backwards compatibility etc. The battle goes on and on. This has always been a classic arguement. But this is my advice. See what your friends have, if the majority has a 360 get it (for the online) as for the games its your choice really, same goes for how much money you wanna spend. Personally i have both, i got one as a gift (the 360) and i got the PS3 my self. I enjoy playing on both consoles. Yet again this comes down to what kind of games you really wanna play.

stretch

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zerxer said:
^ Does Microsoft ban you from online play for modding your 360 to play backups? Honestly though, if I had to choose, I'd WANT to go for a 360 just to try Halo 3. Then again, most of my online friends all got a PS3 now and play that online all the time.
Look here (at Q5).

Basically, the gist that I've caught was:[*]Don't play leaked copies early[*]Don't play an unstealth copy online[*]Make sure it's not a bad copy of the gameMy question would be... what happens if your 360 gets the RRoD?
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.