PS3 Top Gun Question

Discussion in 'PS3 - Games & Content' started by drfsupercenter, Nov 18, 2013.

1. drfsupercenter
    OP

drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    Hey guys,

I just picked up a copy of "Top Gun: Wingman Edition" which says on the box it includes a Top Gun Blu-Ray movie and game. However, it was only one disc (even the NEW editions at GameStop are only one disc)... when I put it in my PC (which has a Blu-Ray drive), it doesn't show anything at all, and when I put it in my PS3, all I see is the game. Under Video, I see nothing.

Has anyone tried this out? I mainly bought it to see what it would look like having a game+movie on the same disc, but obviously something's funky here. You'd think if this was a reprint without the movie, it wouldn't say such on the box!

2. drfsupercenter
    OP

drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    Bump

--Edit--

OK, so from looking at pictures online, it appears there were two versions of this game released... one that has the movie included and one that doesn't. Odd, the one I got from GameStop has the case saying "Game+Movie" but the disc is the other one that doesn't have the movie.

I guess that answers my question, and hopefully this thread will help someone else out who's looking for those odd "game+movie" combo discs... be sure to check the disc for that text before buying!

3. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    I'm not surprised since this game was just a cheap attempt at a cash in

4. emmanu888

emmanu888 6 years and still going strong

Jan 25, 2009
    Canada
    Victoriaville,Québec
    Game+Movie ? Phineas and Ferb Across the Second Dimension also did that hybrid disc thingy. Has 5 episodes from the show i think ? And is the only Blu-Ray release of Phineas and Ferb in North America