mrgone

old man
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so, i have a superslim ps3 which i installed the hen exploit on it.
worked pretty good, copied all my games to the harddisk, everythings worked great.

2 days ago, i played test drive unlimited 2, let it auto save and then turned it off via home button.

yesterday, i turn on my ps3 and it freezes during the wavy lines part before the xmb comes but after the warning message.
i force turned it off.
i unplugged my usb harddrive and tried again. no change.

what are my options?

Last edited by mrgone,

Haizum74

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Boot into safe mode and try restoring file system.

1. Turn off the PlayStation®3 by holding the Power button on the front of the unit till the Power light is red.

2. Touch and hold the Power button (do not remove your finger from the button). You will hear the first beep meaning the PS3™ is powering on.

3. Continue to hold the Power button, and after about 5 seconds you will hear a second beep indicating the video reset.

4. Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a third beep and the system will power off (Power light is red).

5. Touch and hold the Power button (again, do not remove your finger from the button). As in Step 2, you will hear the first beep, again for the PS3™ to power on.

6. Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep for video reset.

7. Continue to hold the Power button, and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a quick double beep. At that point release the Power button. If you succeeded in activating Safe Mode, you will see a message on the screen saying "Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button".

8. Connect a USB cable to the controller and the PS3™ and press the PS button to enter Safe Mode. You will now see the Safe Mode menu.

Reactions: mrgone

mrgone

old man
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
finally came around to testing it:
rebuild filesystem / database neither worked: it qucikly rebooted to normal mode and froze again.
now i chose full reset, now i have a black PAL screen and so i wait.

Silviohadouken

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did you manage to fix it? My house was hit by a lightning few days ago and a blackout happened while I was playing. Now my PS3 freeze at the start. I can use the safe mode, but it crashes every time that I try any recovery option. I guess something fried in it

Last edited by Silviohadouken,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-